Need help with packages

RangerBoo

I am in need of help. I am working on a mod that is nearly done but my packages are not working. The NPC won't wake up from their sleep package despite me putting a schedule on it and one NPC will not go into a call that the package I put for her told her to go. My NPC's also won't go into their patrol package or outside sandbox package. I have no idea what I am doing wrong and would greatly like some help into this matter.

Edited by RangerBoo

For Patrol packages your NPC needs to be linked to your first x marker in the patrol. All x markers in the patrol need a unique ID, need to be persistent and linked to each other in the succession you wish it traversed. Idle markers can be used but need duration times set and need to be made persistent.

Make a new patrol package with a unique ID. Just edit a base package to your liking then change the id name it will create a new form, make sure the package type is patrol, starting location linked reference, and flagged repeatable. Then give the NPC the new package and link your NPC to the first marker in the patrol.

The NPC not waking up from sleep is odd. Unless the time conflicts with another package. All it should need is package type sleep, schedule time and duration (do not make the times overlap with another packages) flag enable fallout behavior & for location either in cell (name of cell) or linked reference (which needs to be selected) or near reference if you have multiple beds and don't care which they use.

Outside sandbox type packages need package type sandbox a wander location set with a radius. Whatever flags you want set in allowed behavior, enabled fallout behavior in flags. And a non overlapping time scheduled.

Now I am having other problems. Two NPC's I have disappear when they leave their house instead of doing their packages. They appear a few hours later but seem to disappear from town when they begin their packages. Also, when I convert the esp to a esm all the NPC's do not do their packages and just stand around doing nothing. I am about to pull my hair out over this.

Edited by RangerBoo

Converting the .esp to esm likely led to the npc's being overwritten by an .esp lower in the load order.

As far as them disappearing... try using the console command to player.moveto npcid# (you'll need to select them in game with the console window open to find) and see where the hell the are. If you have them in an interior cell and want them to move to an exterior cell the door's they use need to be linked in the navmesh to the outside just click the check box finalize and it should do it itself. You need a green triangle near the door both inside and outside, elsewise npc's can't traverse from an interior cell to an exterior cell without using a script to teleport them. If their already outside and teleporting from their sandbox package I have no idea unless their target cell is different from what is should be.

Uhh.... What green triangle?

Update: I think I may have gotten it fixed. I added North Markers to the cells and now my NPC's seem to be going to the places they are suppose to go.

Edited by RangerBoo