Got a new PC - question about re-installing game / dragging core game

Salona

I reacently got a new Pc and my odl hardrive has been placed in my new Pc too. However, I can not play dragon age as I get an error, which I get wil all games I try to run on my new PC via. my old hardrive, and thus far, only way to fix it is to reinstall the game.

However, I was just wondering, if I were to reinstall it, then replace the game files with the ones on my old hardrive, would all my mods be working? Even the ones using DA Mod manager or?

You'll need to reinstall Dragon Age so that all of the registry entries are correct.

Reinstall ModManager, too.

However, you can then copy'n'paste all of your override files (including those used by your mod-manager - don't forget to fix the settings up!) and DA wo't notice.

I had this same issue some time ago when I had to reinstall Windows on my PC - had to reinstall games to get the registry sorted out, but the save games and overrides and so on were all easy to copy over. :)

Mods that were packaged and installed as ".dazip" files are a bit more tricky. You'll either need to be very thorough about copying the "\addins" folder (without messing up your BioWare DLC) and then editing the "manifest.xml", or, (my recommended approach) re-install those mods after you've got the game running. :thumbsup:

Hmmm...I must've been lucky, then.

When I had to reinstall Windows (and by re-install I mean format c: /s and then load the operating system, drivers, etc...) I got away with simply copying my entire Bioware folder in My Documents. I had/have DA and DAMM installed on D:\, maybe that made the difference (my D: was unaffected, so all I had to do was reinstall DA and DAMM so the registry knew they were there).