NEED HELP My NPC and her face.

Silverz0

Been reading the wiki the last few days messing with my Hroki companion mod making her more advanced and deadly, then I got the thought i really want my own custom companion just like I had in Oblivion. So first I made a new Save game after downloading some female hair packs and made the Gal i wanted. I took some screenshots and went straight to the construction set spent 6 and half hours on just her face and getting the modded hair to work properly in CS. then to my dismay I try the mod and her face is a defualt nord face with defualt everything T_T , lucky i had not closed the Constrution kit yet so i returned did some tweaking to try and get it to work nothing tried the ctrl+ f4 thing to try and export the race and it crashed my construction set , i opened it back up to find i had lost the face forever. damn wiki and its last minute info.

So my question is and my help is need in the : IS There anway to either save a proper face in the contruction set or export one from a save and import it into the construction kit ? any help would be greatly appreciated and a new mod will be on its way! please help T_T

Were you editing the race or an actor?

editing the race face wont do anything in game im afraid, you have to edit the actor.

There's a command in skyrim that let you export face data to use in CK. When you're done making your character in game, open console and type: savepcface name

it will create a file in your skyrim directory named name.npc. Then in CK, in actor's character gen part page, there's a import button that let you import that file.

To use modded hair with your follower you will need to have the hair mod as an esm and load it along with your mod, or create the actual hair data in your.

Edited by Caithe

maybe try the npceditor on nexus it is very easy to use and the face can be export as a bsa file ^^ (and you can open your plugin with it to save time)

Ahh yes its worth a try! wasnt sure if that program was obsolete because of the CK (construction kit). sounds promising though :) Ty

Were you editing the race or an actor?

editing the race face wont do anything in game im afraid, you have to edit the actor.

There's a command in skyrim that let you export face data to use in CK. When you're done making your character in game, open console and type: savepcface name

it will create a file in your skyrim directory named name.npc. Then in CK, in actor's character gen part page, there's a import button that let you import that file.

To use modded hair with your follower you will need to have the hair mod as an esm and load it along with your mod, or create the actual hair data in your.

I was editing the actor , i was following the wiki and once i had scrolled all the way down it said there is a bug with this and to ctr+f4 in object window. I hadent noticed in time so I wasnt able to use there method :( . But you have answered my question fully! and i thank you ! As soon as i get to my home computer im going to try that command right away! tx again :)

sacepcface does not work :( downloading npc editor does not work. Do i need script extender or somthing for that to work, does skyrim even have a script extender ? Edited by Silverz0

• 3 months later...

sacepcface does not work :( downloading npc editor does not work. Do i need script extender or somthing for that to work, does skyrim even have a script extender ?

create a character with the race and face you want to use. When you are done open the console and type "savepcface 001" (without the quotation marks). When you create your companion in the creation kit you CAN import that .npc file. IT WORKS ;)

Does anyone know how to make the import work on an existing mod loaded as an active file? I can do it if I only use the ESMs but as soon as I set a file as an active mod, importing a face sets the whole thing to crash

Been reading the wiki the last few days messing with my Hroki companion mod making her more advanced and deadly, then I got the thought i really want my own custom companion just like I had in Oblivion. So first I made a new Save game after downloading some female hair packs and made the Gal i wanted. I took some screenshots and went straight to the construction set spent 6 and half hours on just her face and getting the modded hair to work properly in CS. then to my dismay I try the mod and her face is a defualt nord face with defualt everything T_T , lucky i had not closed the Constrution kit yet so i returned did some tweaking to try and get it to work nothing tried the ctrl+ f4 thing to try and export the race and it crashed my construction set , i opened it back up to find i had lost the face forever. damn wiki and its last minute info.

So my question is and my help is need in the : IS There anway to either save a proper face in the contruction set or export one from a save and import it into the construction kit ? any help would be greatly appreciated and a new mod will be on its way! please help T_T

NPC Editing happens to be my area of expertise atm. Working on an overhaul, heh. I hope I'm understanding your post correctly... If not, just ignore what I wrote below. :)

Anyway, this is what has worked for me when creating companions:

1. If you want a custom companion based off of Hroki, go to the CK, and get to Hroki (I'm assuming you already know how to find her based on your above post.) Then click duplicate.

2. Rename the duplicate to whatever your follower's name will be.

3. Edit her looks the way you want based off your screen shots. This is the screen where you want to import your saved face. If it doesn't work, you will have to start from scratch.

4. Make sure you wipe out any Hroki specific AI info (can't remember at the moment if it copies over too... if not, then you're good) and a defaulteditorlocationsandbox (it will be something similar) package.

5. Add the proper follower factions. I'm assuming you already know how to do all this- so I'm not being too detailed.

6. Place them in a world space. I usually pick an inn. Easy to find.

7. Once you're done. Highlight your new companions name in the actors list and hit Ctrl+ F4 to export the facegen data.

8. Save your new character to your Data folder. (Ex: Mynewcompanion.esp) All the textures and meshes will automatically be copied in upon the save.

9. Activate the esp, go to wherever you placed them and you should have a new companion with your custom looks.

I hope this helped. If this is not what you were asking. Sorry! >.<

Edited by lsinsocal