Duplication Of Doors

SpencerS

Has anyone else found that in most unofficial plugins, some internal doors can be duplicated: you go in, leave a door open (or even close it) then come back at some point (normally after saving), then open the door and... wahay! You have two doors in the same place!!! This happens if you shut the door or leave it open. Very strange and very annoying!

I've also noticed that this happens with animated banners on the outside of a bulding plugin (i've even deleted the house but the banner stays flapping in mid-air!!!) as well as some see-thru display cases.

This doesn't happen with any of the in-game internal doors so I'm wondering if this can be cleaned/fixed at all? a solution would be most appreciated as this niggly fault ruins some plugins...

I have the exact same problem with my "Balmora House Mod". I've been looking for a permanent solution for some time, and it will probably involved editing the save file using the TESAME program.

However, there is a *temporary* solution.

What you can do is open the console, and left click once on the door. The door's name/ID should appear as the title of the console. Type in "disable" and the door will dissapear.

Once you reload the game however, the door will re-appear.

Disabling BOTH doors will mean that one of the doors will re-appear in the next game, and then two will re-appear in the next. Frustrating, no?

• 9 years later...