Umbriel - Lord of souls mod

Freppan178

Hi!
I recently finished the elder scrolls novel lord of souls by Greg Keyes, really good book. I made a thread in the discussion part of the forum, wondering if there were any mods based on the book.

So far no one has replied and I thought that maybe there ain't any or maybe it's a bad idéa to create a mod based on the books content since it's copyright.

But anyhow, I think that it would be great to have some mods based of the novel. Like Umbriel itself but that would be a huge mod. There are a lot of other small things though that would make great mods.
Potion of flight, some interesting daedra, locations in black marsh and in the plane of oblivion etc. The list goes on and is quite long and I'm sure that some of the idéas are already done and out there. I will

post a more detailed description of what kind of mod I would like in the near future.

If there is any problems with that it's copyrighted material, that mods as this already exist or any other controversies let me know so that I may correct or close the topic.
I hope the english is readable, thank you for your time.

easy there Frep,

this beloved game is already old decade++ age

we modder is few in numbers in Oblivion (you could compare the number of responses in FO4 as example)

also

modder that has skillset to create quests, dialog, & new location is already move on to FO4 Skyrim etc etc

so to find user that has same brainwave & ambition as yours could be difficult, but

good luck.. I hope you find that person~ the modder that will help realize your plan

A much beloved game indeed and that's why it may seem that I got a bit over enthusiastic.

Thank you for the very informative reply, I didn't consider the fact that there are few modders left to this game. Since I'm not so active in the forums they seem to thrive to the untrained eye.

I understood from the beginning that to request a big mod would be kind of a lost cause, especially since I myself don't really know how to "mod". But perhaps I could teach myself to make

a couple of custome items, got any suggestions on "how to mod oblivion for a noob" guide?

qutoe : "I didn't consider the fact that there are few modders left to this game"

>>> I think they are considered 'left' since they moved on to greener place (FO4 Skyrim etc etc) many of them if you sent PM they will write something like this "sorry I don't play Oblivion anymore bla bla bla... sorry I don't suuport my old mods bla bla bla... and so on"

sure

start reading here man