Spawning a 'Contraptions' Weapon Rack with a Weapon Already on Display?

user826

Hey, all! I'm working on a player home in Creation Kit and I want to use Contraptions DLC weapon racks to hold the custom weapons I'm including with the home. Now, when I tried to do it like I would with any other container (i.e. making a duplicate of the rack and placing the gun in its inventory, then placing the duplicate in the cell), the weapon rack does contain the weapon (along with a handful of ammo for it) but when you first enter the cell, the rack appears empty. You have to activate the rack, take the weapon and ammo out, then put the weapon back into the rack before it will display. Does anyone know how to make it so that the weapon starts off on display by default? Many thanks if you can solve this one for me, or point me in the right direction!

I've never actually used one of the weapons rack so this is all just assumption from looking at the scripts. In order to pull this off I believe your rack may need to be persistent. It would end up as such doing this anyway.

Try using a script either on an activator or a start enabled quest like follows.

Scriptname MountWeaponOnRack extends Quest
ObjectReference Property TheWeaponRack Auto
Weapon Property BaseWeapon Auto

Event OnQuestInit() ; if using a trigger box use a different event.
    TheWeaponRack.OnItemAdded(BaseWeapon, 1, None, None)
    TheWeaponRack.OnActivate(Game.GetPlayer())
    Stop() ; if not a quest then omit this
EndEvent

That should probably work if you already have the item in the rack. If you want to add it via this script then change the OnItemAdded call to AddItem with the appropriate arguments. Also you stated there was ammo in the rack. Odd. The above script will probably end up giving the player the ammo when it runs.

Thanks for the reply! I'll give this a shot and report back after.

EDIT: Okay, so I tried this out and it didn't quite work. When I entered the cell, the racks were still empty but I could hear a weird rattling sound. Turns out the guns were no longer in the rack but had somehow spawned behind the rack and were being pushed through the wall and out of the cell. I'm going to try changing it to an AddItem call and see if that does anything.

EDIT 2: Using an AddItem call has the same result as if I hadn't used the script at all. The gun can be found in the rack's inventory (except without any ammo this time) but the rack still appears empty when the cell loads.

Edited by user826