Inspiration For New vegas weapon mods

stokedsniper1

in this i hope to get idea or new weapons to put in my new vegas mod "Interventional Science" in this mod i hope to create a quest that will tell the player to hunt Professor Catalyst and will be given the good option of killing or arresting him but also the evil option of joining him and going for world domination, but im having trouble coming up with ideas for weapons and armor, because at the moment i have only got the Mod scientist outfit form Old World Blues; but i want a futuristic combat feel and above all a evil look also i will require weapons to match.

does anyone have any ideas they would be appreciated

Kurt

in this i hope to get idea or new weapons to put in my new vegas mod "Interventional Science" in this mod i hope to create a quest that will tell the player to hunt Professor Catalyst and will be given the good option of killing or arresting him but also the evil option of joining him and going for world domination, but im having trouble coming up with ideas for weapons and armor, because at the moment i have only got the Mod scientist outfit form Old World Blues; but i want a futuristic combat feel and above all a evil look also i will require weapons to match.

does anyone have any ideas they would be appreciated

Kurt

Ever read the web comic Shlock Mercenaries?

Make a "one-person mini-tank" based on something like that. It's a lot like a RoboBrain except there's a guy standing on treads with cannons and such. Think of it as a much less mobile power armor, but allows mounting some very heavy weapons (except mobility will really suck), so you'll need companions to keep bad guys off of you.

Another idea:

A *properly realistic* .50 cal HMG, more in line of the "Ma Deuce" in Fallout Tactics instead of the the random ".50 cal minigun" that some of the mods are sprouting. Though this doesn't exactly fit with your "scientific" motif.

Got another idea for you:

Call it... the "exploder".

The weapon itself causes virtually no damage in normal use. however, if you manage to score a critical hit with it (probably in sneak mode), the enemy explodes in a shower of gore as if hit by a grenade. Great for taking out a whole group at a time. It's considered an ENERGY weapon.

It's a lot like AMR firing explosive rounds, but energy-based. It'd probably be like a plasma or laser rifle in terms of looks.