Can’t dismiss Lydia

Andine

Petenks

I was checking out the UFO mod last night and found this post by Opticprism, it was roundabout page 16 in Comments when last I checked - might be way further back by now

I know you don't have a problem with just one follower and the post also is about followers NOT following but maybe the steps given would benefit you too?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know if you found a solution since your post is old now, but I had the same problem as you and I FOUND A SOLUTION!

To you, if you still need help, and to the others that encounter such a problem nowadays, I advise you to download "Recruit Npc spell" by Eramus on Skyrim Nexus. THAT WORKED for me.

Once the mod is on, use the Recruit spell, then the Dismiss spell. Then, it turns the dialogue settings back to normal! :D

Ultimately, save you game, quit, un-able the "Recruit Npc spell" mod. Then check by yourself : the dialogues are still normal and responding. ;)

Hope it will will help.

I don't know if you found a solution since your post is old now, but I had the same problem as you and I FOUND A SOLUTION!

To you, if you still need help, and to the others that encounter such a problem nowadays, I advise you to download "Recruit Npc spell" by Eramus on Skyrim Nexus. THAT WORKED for me.

Once the mod is on, use the Recruit spell, then the Dismiss spell. Then, it turns the dialogue settings back to normal! :D

Ultimately, save you game, quit, un-able the "Recruit Npc spell" mod. Then check by yourself : the dialogues are still normal and responding. ;)

Hope it will will help.

i have the same issue, but this didnt work.

• 1 month later...

For the love of all things science! I got it to work for me. It makes me angry no one comes back and posts their solutions. I have quite a bit of mods installed but not apply to followers aside from armor re-textures, so that wasnt my issue. What i did was as follows in this order:

1. Make lydia non-essential (open command console type setessential a2c8e 0)

2. Close console and re-open

3. Click lydia and make sure she is the one selected not an object near her

4. Check her essential value (with her selected in cc type "isessential") if it comes up with 0 move on, if not try 1 again with a2c94 instead and continue

5. Kill her with weapons not command

6. Leave area and fast travel several times, and wait a good amount of hours. (i traveled 5 times and waited about a day)

7. Save game and restart entire skyrim

8. Go somewhere a courier can get to you

9. recieve message from the jarl saying lydia has died and has left you monies.

10. Open cc and type "player.moveto a2c8e (or a2c94)" if it teleports you to dragonsreach or your house she should be there, all you have to do is re-hire or leave her alone. (idk what happens if you end up somewhere else. Sorry, i would test it but don't know how to instigate glitch again.)

11. if she is nowhere to be found, try summoning her with "player.placeatme a2c8e (or a2c94)

I really hope this works for you. The idea is to truly kill of the character and she'll be waiting brand new in dr/at home or resummon her via console. worked for me, will post if her status changes again

edit: i used the recruit npc spell mod and dismissed her prior to starting this but i didnt use the save where she was dismissed with the process above. im posting for possible affiliation with helping me solve glitch. if it doesnt work for you maybe u should dismiss her with spell mod, save, and remove mod then start with #1.

Edited by igotnacho

• 2 weeks later...

Ok , here's the thing, I am NEW (yesterday new) to mods and an elderly gamer, there is probably a more pc way of putting it but I am really pissed off. My partner informs me it is "third generation gamer"... The pc thing. That and "sad"... two new ways to describe myself!

I decided to put some mods on my Skyrim game, so I added something for horses, my home in a boat, textures for the light, a map upgrade etc.

Anyway, I now have various problems which came to light as soon as I tried to sneakily kill a vampire. Lydia and the horse follow me. I cannot get rid of either, the option on Lydia is greyed out and there is no conversation I can have with my horse,. Should she/he (the horse) be able to follow me onto my home in the sky, Why is it up there anyway, it so looks like a glitch!

I tried to kill the vampire and run away, but Lydia doesn't run from a fight! Even if I try to dismiss her, she is still there.... You all know the problem.

Down a cave I am blind, it's now so dark I need a lantern around my waist, what impact is that having on my sneaking? I might as well yell out "Here I am, the one with the light dangling from my waist!"

My map shows me the roads etc but it does not look anything like the before and after video as illustrated in the " add this mod, why don't you? Ad.

What AM I doing wrong.? Why are there so many issues? I will try the console command thingamagiggy (?sp) but I am a person who comes with a health warning tattooed on my forehead,

" IF IT CAN GO WRONG! IT WILL"

I'm having the exact same problem. Not much testing done but I know Lydia and Jordis are bugged. Husband Onmund, Hireling Jenassa and Argis the Bulwark are working as they should, whereas Lydia and Jordis act and talk as if they are my followers, but won't follow me in Proudspire or Breezehome, let alone outside.

• They don't care if I'm with another follower (no difference in dialogue), but will talk as if they are too.
  • They aren't dismissable, they ignore my commands, hence not recruitable either.

I'm running out of ideas, I've tried resetai, set playerfollowercount 0, killed them ran around etc. etc. getting miiiiiiildly pissed of (as in incredibly pissed off).

Anyone, anything? No?

• 1 month later...

*I posted this in the wrong thread. Please ignore. I am refering to Frea, but hey maybe this will help you anyway :D*

I can probably help solve and explain all of this. For those of you who indicate the problem with Frea, it starts with her and then becomes a problem with all followers. Basically with some mod, etiher UFO, my home is your home, etc, the stopquest dialoguefollower line is not properly ran. So here is the solution to getting everything working with your original followers again. Unfortunately Frea is glitched for now, so whenever you try to use her with UFO or some mods, this inability to dismiss her will occur again.

1) Talk to frea, or followers you have and dismiss them (at this point they will still be following you)

2) open console, type "stopquest dialoguefollower"

3) close console, and your follower will start walking away.

4) NOW, go to a room where you are not near a follower, type "set playerfolowercount to 0" and then type "startquest dialoguefollower"

5) save the game, exit to the main menu, and reload that game

SO now your followers should be working, but as soon as your use Frea again you will have to repeat the same thing. This has been my experience at least. I hope this helps.

Edited by Halithorn

• 1 month later...

found a possible fix to for the follow me/i need your help not showing in lydia's convo options.

using the multiplemarriages121beta mod. use the spell to instantly marrry or divorce an npc. then use it to marry her, then divorce her after that. the "i need your help" dialogue went back when i spoke to lydia :D

• 5 months later...