Can’t dismiss Lydia

Andine

*I posted this in the wrong thread. Please ignore. I am refering to Frea, but hey maybe this will help you anyway :D*

I can probably help solve and explain all of this. For those of you who indicate the problem with Frea, it starts with her and then becomes a problem with all followers. Basically with some mod, etiher UFO, my home is your home, etc, the stopquest dialoguefollower line is not properly ran. So here is the solution to getting everything working with your original followers again. Unfortunately Frea is glitched for now, so whenever you try to use her with UFO or some mods, this inability to dismiss her will occur again.

1) Talk to frea, or followers you have and dismiss them (at this point they will still be following you)

2) open console, type "stopquest dialoguefollower"

3) close console, and your follower will start walking away.

4) NOW, go to a room where you are not near a follower, type "set playerfolowercount to 0" and then type "startquest dialoguefollower"

5) save the game, exit to the main menu, and reload that game

SO now your followers should be working, but as soon as your use Frea again you will have to repeat the same thing. This has been my experience at least. I hope this helps.

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS! :laugh:

• 8 months later...
I have another problem.

I sent mjloll do something(Wait here I think) I forgot it there. I searched using player.moveto 19df7 and send her to follow me but does not change the conversation and she does not follow me anymore. I tried using "stopquest dialoguefollower", "playerfolowercount set to 0"after this when i ask to mjoll fallow me she say cant fallow because o choice another . I still have Serana following. but No dialogue with mjoll

I want my Mjoll. What should I do?

Edited by pfeuer

• 4 months later...

I think I lost Ingjard forever for this glitch.

She has all the dialogue lines of a follower who is following at the moment, but does not respond to any of them. Neither dismiss.

I will try that "stopquest dialoguefollower" solution, but I'm loosing my hopes... pff.

Man, just when I was thinking in abandon my hopes of fixing my saves... THIS just did it.

The file attached is just a .txt with the codes to force a npc to follow you. You can drop inside your Data folder and after that, open the game, bring the console up and type "bat follower" and "bat altfollower"

Just did it ONLY if NOTHING MORE listed here has helped you.

good luck with that.

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Man, just when I was thinking in abandon my hopes of fixing my saves... THIS just did it.

The file attached is just a .txt with the codes to force a npc to follow you. You can drop inside your Data folder and after that, open the game, bring the console up and type "bat follower" and "bat altfollower"

good luck with that.

good luck with that.

OMG, freaking game/time savers. This works perfectly! Though, using the NMM didn't work for me (only included the readme file), so I did it manually.

• 3 years later...

*I posted this in the wrong thread. Please ignore. I am refering to Frea, but hey maybe this will help you anyway :D*

I can probably help solve and explain all of this. For those of you who indicate the problem with Frea, it starts with her and then becomes a problem with all followers. Basically with some mod, etiher UFO, my home is your home, etc, the stopquest dialoguefollower line is not properly ran. So here is the solution to getting everything working with your original followers again. Unfortunately Frea is glitched for now, so whenever you try to use her with UFO or some mods, this inability to dismiss her will occur again.

1) Talk to frea, or followers you have and dismiss them (at this point they will still be following you)

2) open console, type "stopquest dialoguefollower"

3) close console, and your follower will start walking away.

4) NOW, go to a room where you are not near a follower, type "set playerfolowercount to 0" and then type "startquest dialoguefollower"

5) save the game, exit to the main menu, and reload that game

SO now your followers should be working, but as soon as your use Frea again you will have to repeat the same thing. This has been my experience at least. I hope this helps.

i don't know if your a girl or guy but i love you, it worked !!!!