ATTENTION ALL MOD MAKERS!

tekhead001

I have to agree with tekhead001 100% on all of the stuff he said.

For those who were defending themselves need to go back to school and quite playing the "Computer Techie" persona.

I agree to the forum rules but the person is expressing his emotions.

This website needs to lay off the "Third World" act of "you can't do this and that and I mean it!" attitude. If your files are not organized appropriately, you all can screw other peoples computers up and you all can suffer the repercussions in court of law.

For one, none of you have any rights to get upset when people get upset, for you inappropriately naming the files.

Secondly, how in the world do we know if your file has a virus in it? Some anti-virus's may not be able to pick up on your "advanced virus's."

Why in the world would you add any virus you say? Sure, go right ahead and think that.

Still therein lies that problem, I am still taking a chance of getting my computer screwed up. Why download it you say? Why wouldn't I? How on Nexus would you know if I'm a computer techie? You all think I'm going to just let you and everyone else know?

My computer my money!

I am sorry to say this BUT I am going to say it how it is. This man was NOT insulting, not really being inappropriate at all, well maybe with the caps BUT still, our computers are at risk and if you all disagree, then this site is not worth coming to and I can go right ahead and just spread this to all of the other people throughout the globe and this site will lose fame quick.

Think outside the box even if you all disagree. I love this site it is freaking awesome but start listening to us for a change because we're downloading your files.

We respect you but then again you're the programmers.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wouldn't be liable if it messed up your computer, not that I think most mods are capable of that :rolleyes: It's your own responsibility to protect your computer and make smart decisions about downloading things. I think it should have been put in a nicer way and more people would be obliged to listen and take up some of these best practices. The tone of the demands in here do not make me want to rush and add descriptions to my mods. If you want to delete mods you don't like, that's fine. Delete it and don't endorse - it should be simple. It's another thing to rant to the whole community and expect people to receive it well. Just because a mod is public doesn't mean they have an obligation to make it user friendly. If they care about ratings/popularity, they will probably make it more user friendly, but not everyone on here uploads for that reason.

Just because a mod is public doesn't mean they have an obligation to make it user friendly. If they care about ratings/popularity, they will probably make it more user friendly, but not everyone on here uploads for that reason.

That's your prerogative. I don't have a stake in this either way since I don't use mods or make my mods public (yet). I don't disagree that some of the statements by mod users have been pretty aggressive, but I wanted to point out that some of the mod makers in this thread have just as poor an attitude.

I will refrain from using the term "you" because I'm not trying to make this personal, but "they" are giving me a strong vibe that they feel they deserve respect because of the time they put into a mod.

To me it's like someone buying you something you didn't ask for and then expecting you to treat them a certain way over it.

I don't know what mods the people in this thread did. But it was their choice to make that mod. It was their choice to spend their time on it and make it.

That's the burden of an artist to create something and then if you choose to share it publicly you're submitting yourself to public criticism. They may like it or they may hate it.

The bottom line is, you should be modding for you.

And in regards to my comment to jet (which was not personal towards jet either. Also, I don't know if your comment about public was directed towards my comment or not) about modders telling you what they want your mod to do...

If I want a special hammer, my first step isn't to spend a six months to a year learning to blacksmith a hammer. The first thing I'm going to do is go to the place where you get hammers. And if they don't have what I need, then I'm going to go to a guy that makes hammers. If that falls apart, then I can try to make my own.

Yeah, people should be respectful in their requests, but maybe the OP was having a bad day, or maybe he was speaking out of frustration because one of these mods screwed up his setup to the point where he couldn't play.

I think a better attitude is required all the way around.

We wouldn't be liable if it messed up your computer, not that I think most mods are capable of that :rolleyes: It's your own responsibility to protect your computer and make smart decisions about downloading things. I think it should have been put in a nicer way and more people would be obliged to listen and take up some of these best practices. The tone of the demands in here do not make me want to rush and add descriptions to my mods. If you want to delete mods you don't like, that's fine. Delete it and don't endorse - it should be simple. It's another thing to rant to the whole community and expect people to receive it well. Just because a mod is public doesn't mean they have an obligation to make it user friendly. If they care about ratings/popularity, they will probably make it more user friendly, but not everyone on here uploads for that reason.

Right but we still don't know that.

Liability should be taken into consideration because millions of users are always taking risks everyday.

My anti-virus is pretty good about picking up viruses when first being downloaded into my computer.

Edited by Thunderwulf32

Just because a mod is public doesn't mean they have an obligation to make it user friendly. If they care about ratings/popularity, they will probably make it more user friendly, but not everyone on here uploads for that reason.

That's your prerogative. I don't have a stake in this either way since I don't use mods or make my mods public (yet). I don't disagree that some of the statements by mod users have been pretty aggressive, but I wanted to point out that some of the mod makers in this thread have just as poor an attitude.

I will refrain from using the term "you" because I'm not trying to make this personal, but "they" are giving me a strong vibe that they feel they deserve respect because of the time they put into a mod.

To me it's like someone buying you something you didn't ask for and then expecting you to treat them a certain way over it.

I don't know what mods the people in this thread did. But it was their choice to make that mod. It was their choice to spend their time on it and make it.

That's the burden of an artist to create something and then if you choose to share it publicly you're submitting yourself to public criticism. They may like it or they may hate it.

And in regards to my comment to jet (which was not personal towards jet either. Also, I don't know if your comment about public was directed towards my comment or not) about modders telling you what they want your mod to do...

If I want a special hammer, my first step isn't to spend a six months to a year learning to blacksmith a hammer. The first thing I'm going to do is go to the place where you get hammers. And if they don't have what I need, then I'm going to go to a guy that makes hammers. If that falls apart, then I can try to make my own.

Yeah, people should be respectful in their requests, but maybe the OP was having a bad day, or maybe he was speaking out of frustration because one of these mods screwed up his setup to the point where he couldn't play.

I agree with all that you've said here. Also, my comment wasn't directed to you specifically. I agree that if a modder wants to spend hours on something, they are doing it on their own time and he or she should not expect a great deal of respect (other than general respect and kindness that we receive from most people) because of his or her accomplishment.

I agree with all that you've said here. Also, my comment wasn't directed to you specifically. I agree that if a modder wants to spend hours on something, they are doing it on their own time and he or she should not expect a great deal of respect (other than general respect and kindness that we receive from most people) because of his or her accomplishment.

As far as the respect goes for you Modders, of course it doesn't matter. We're the ones with the generosity of giving respect but at the same time, we don't trust you all either, so some of us out here can care less about how you all feel. Perhaps a shoe shine and a nice tip would fit right in? Maybe we can scrub your kitchen floors? How about not?

Should we as gamers bend over backwards for you? Tsk, tsk, tsk, my friends, try a little harder about how WE feel and about the safety of our P.C.'s. It isn't hard.

We'll give you the Endorsements if you deserve it!

Edited by Thunderwulf32

I think you are barking up the wrong tree, possibly misreading my responses... You downloading a file without a description and deleting it is not what I would call bending over backwards. I don't think anyone here expects you to endorse a file you aren't satisfied with.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree, possibly misreading my responses... You downloading a file without a description and deleting it is not what I would call bending over backwards. I don't think anyone here expects you to endorse a file you aren't satisfied with.

I could care less about how you all feel sister! Secondly, that's YOUR problem plus I agree with someone said earlier about it being "bad practice."

Third, the "bending over backwards," is not on your end. People like me won't bend over backwards, so you all go right ahead and perfect your Mods.

Just get rid of the "lick my boots" attitude and you all will be on your way to more friendlier "gamers."

If you all don't, then that's a shame on your all's behalf.

Edited by Thunderwulf32

I could care less about how you all feel sister! Secondly, that's YOUR problem plus I agree with someone said earlier about it being "bad practice."

Third, the "bending over backwards," is not on your end. People like me won't bend over backwards, so you all go right ahead and perfect your Mods.

Just get rid of the "lick my boots" attitude and you all will be on your way to more friendlier "gamers."

If you all don't, then that's a shame on your all's behalf.

Actually, you're the one that's coming off with an attitude. You should probably quit while you're ahead.

Wow, the entitlement around here is thick enough to cut with a knife.

No one is forcing you to use any mod at all. If you don't trust modders, by all means go away.

You seem to forget that mods are shared out of a generosity of spirit and a willingness to share hard work with the community, for free.

An .esp or .esm plugin will not harm your computer. It might foul up your game but it's a pretty rare case where that's the fault of the Modder. Most often it's the result of User Error.

We have a report system so we rarely have trouble eliminating problematic uploads.