ATTENTION ALL MOD MAKERS!

tekhead001

Wow, the entitlement around here is thick enough to cut with a knife.

No one is forcing you to use any mod at all. If you don't trust modders, by all means go away.

You seem to forget that mods are shared out of a generosity of spirit and a willingness to share hard work with the community, for free.

An .esp or .esm plugin will not harm your computer. It might foul up your game but it's a pretty rare case where that's the fault of the Modder. Most often it's the result of User Error.

We have a report system so we rarely have trouble eliminating problematic uploads.

As long as you're being honest then that's fine.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are barking up the wrong tree, possibly misreading my responses... You downloading a file without a description and deleting it is not what I would call bending over backwards. I don't think anyone here expects you to endorse a file you aren't satisfied with.

I could care less about how you all feel sister! Secondly, that's YOUR problem plus I agree with someone said earlier about it being "bad practice."

Third, the "bending over backwards," is not on your end. People like me won't bend over backwards, so you all go right ahead and perfect your Mods.

Just get rid of the "lick my boots" attitude and you all will be on your way to more friendlier "gamers."

If you all don't, then that's a shame on your all's behalf.

Actually, you're the one that's coming off with an attitude. You should probably quit while you're ahead.

You talking to me Tonto? I have the rights to my attitude! You have the rights to go the other way!

You're just like a dried up piled of oak leaves, cuz you can just......blow away!

That's about all I'm going to put up with, from you. We have a rule about personal attacks, and you seem to think it's appropriate to make a habit of being insulting and disrespectful.

Go away, and take your attitude with you.

Strikes one, two, and three on this thread. You're out.

By the way, members may not ask to close other members' threads. Only a moderator can make that decision.

All right, I know a lot of you put in a lot of effort to make your mods, whatever they may be. But I'm asking for a little bit more.

DESCRIPTIONS.

I don't care how great your mod is, if I'm having trouble running the game, and all I see is '267533.esp' in the load order? It's getting deleted. Don't care. 'InstallMeThird.esm'? Garbage. 'SnppMsv.esp'? Junk. Your mods may be amazing, but if the user can't tell what they do? They're worthless garbage.

NAME YOUR FILES APPROPRIATELY. Throw in a little description that we can see in NMM. It's not hard, and not a lot of work. No acronyms, no cute nicknames, no serial numbers, just the actual name and/or description of what it does. Most users have dozens of mods running at the same time, and if even Nexus Mod Manager just comes up with a blank spot for Author and Description for a given mod? That mod's on the chopping block.

Thank you.

Oh yeah, I'll make sure to change everything on the whim of some random guy shouting on a forum. You know, it just matters SO much to me that you use my mods, I'd better fix everything right away. You're soooo qualified to call mods worthless garbage, because you've posted... zero.

For me this just falls under the category of "Oh? Entering that stuff matters to some people? Ok, why not".

Since I don't use NMM I had no idea that the author and description appeared anywhere else but in the CK, and I wasn't particularly interested in people opening it up there so... now that I know that NMM makes use of it, it makes sense that people might find it helpful and so of course I will start including the info in future uploads.