HELP: Spell book?

StormViper123

Hello so i just got oblivion today and i want to make a spell book or what its called i forgot :3

But I'm having trouble with making the book a spell. are there any tutorials

also i can't find my custom spell ID how do i do that too? thanks :3

also about modelling where do i find models for weapons or make custom ones I use Cinema4D for modelling :3 thanks!!

First, you need to make the spell. Then you can make a copy of an existing book and change the text around if you want. Then you need to make a script to attach to the book. Here is a generic script for a Spell Tome:

scn GenericSpellTomeScript

short button
short used

begin OnEquip player
if used == 0
	MessageBox "Do you want to add 'In Game Spell Name' to your spell list?", "Yes", "No"
endif
end

begin OnActivate
Activate
if isActionRef player == 1 && used == 0
	MessageBox "Do you want to add 'In Game Spell Name' to your spell list?", "Yes", "No"
endif
end

begin menumode
set button to getbuttonpressed
if button > -1
	if button == 0
		player.addspell SpellEditorID
		playsound SPLDestructionCast
		set used to 1
	endif
endif
end

The only parts you need to change are the script name (the part just after scn), the 'In Game Spell Name', and the SpellEditorID. The SpellEditorID is whatever name you gave the spell in the CS, not the numerical FormID.

Once that's done, just attach the script to the book and place the book in game.

Edited by The_Vyper

First, you need to make the spell. Then you can make a copy of an existing book and change the text around if you want. Then you need to make a script to attach to the book. Here is a generic script for a Spell Tome:

scn GenericSpellTomeScript

short button
short used

begin OnEquip player
if used == 0
endif
end

begin OnActivate
Activate
if isActionRef player == 1 && used == 0
endif
end

begin menumode
set button to getbuttonpressed
if button > -1
	if button == 0
		player.addspell SpellEditorID
		playsound SPLDestructionCast
		set used to 1
	endif
endif
end

The only parts you need to change are the script name (the part just after scn), the 'In Game Spell Name', and the SpellEditorID. The SpellEditorID is whatever name you gave the spell in the CS, not the numerical FormID.

Once that's done, just attach the script to the book and place the book in game.

Thank you ^^

btw sorry for everyone since i've been posting a lot of HELP: just found out bout the elder scrolls game series when skyrim came out :3 and only had skyrim 2 months :3

but i wanna start learning modding for the next elder scroll game :3 when it comes out.... in 3-5 years :3

Thank you ^^

btw sorry for everyone since i've been posting a lot of HELP: just found out bout the elder scrolls game series when skyrim came out :3 and only had skyrim 2 months :3

but i wanna start learning modding for the next elder scroll game :3 when it comes out.... in 3-5 years :3

Nothing to be sorry about. Everyone needs help when they're first starting out. For Oblivion modding, the CS Wiki is a pretty good resource. TES Alliance is even better, since they have the only modding school around (and it covers Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim). Plus, it's a really good learning environment. I've learned a lot there.