Severe Cross-Follower Non-Dismissal/Wait

Petenks

Problem:

- Followers will not Wait or Dismiss properly (say the line but just keep following), and telling them to Wait Here via "I need you to do something" results in them being frozen in a permanent Wait mode. =P

Attempted fixes:

-console commands (kill, resetai, recycleai, setfollowercount to 0, etc, etc, etc)

-switching followers via enabling a multi-follower mod, which results in the previous "won't leave you alone" follower being properly dismissed when the new follower is taken on, but the new follower will then have all the problems of the old follower =\ (I have tried Lydia, Farkas and Marcurio)

My biggest problem with this is that I tend to have a follower with me most of the time in-game, so it's very possible that I would not have noticed this glitch (or, considering how buggy Skyrim is in-general, have written it off as a one-time thing) until far-after the cause.

I've installed several Follower-themed mods, as this was before UFO came out, and can provide a list of all mods I had installed if necessary, and all pex. scripts I have in my Data Folder.

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't work for me neither, have 4 but 1 just vanished...now I dismissed the remaining 3 but none will return to their origin...I'm on The Asteria boat and have 3 NPCs there just waiting for me!!!

Any solution to this??'

Setting followers to 0 via console doesn't work neither....

Skyrim is really buggy as far as the "I need you to do something for me" follower command goes. If you use it in conjunction with mods, you could wreck your savegame so that the follower is stuck and will never follow you again. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that this can bug up even if mods are not involved. To fix this issue, you may have to reload an old savegame from before you asked the follower to do something for you. (And then maybe avoid asking followers to do special things for you.)