Starting a new game w/character - impact to existing Mod Configs?

swambast

Hi there,

I have been playing a character for a while with a bunch of MODs that have been configured - like Climates of Tamriel, Unread Books Mods, Blood Mod settings, etc. I then start a new game with a new character. With the new character, these existing Mods activate and appear like they are freshly installed, which makes sense.

Now my question:

If I change the mod settings for the new character, do those mod settings apply only to the new character only? And won't impact or change the mod settings I have applied with my existing character?

Thanks for your help!

SS

to be sure here , the settings you are changing , are you talking about MCM settings or in game settings (that you change via console commands or configuration powers added by mods) , or are you talking about changing plugins in your load order?

because as far as I know , settings you change in game are saved onto your save file , so they won't apply to previously made saves

however , changing your load order (like selecting different plugins) will effect all of your saves , whenever you load your game with these selected

I hope this answers your question

If this doesn't , a little clarification would go a long way to help you

Hi there,

I have been playing a character for a while with a bunch of MODs that have been configured - like Climates of Tamriel, Unread Books Mods, Blood Mod settings, etc. I then start a new game with a new character. With the new character, these existing Mods activate and appear like they are freshly installed, which makes sense.

Now my question:

If I change the mod settings for the new character, do those mod settings apply only to the new character only? And won't impact or change the mod settings I have applied with my existing character?

Thanks for your help!

SS

They technically don't even apply to "one character", they only apply to saves made after the settings were changed. If you load a save, change all of your mod settings in-game and make a new save, your second save will have different settings than your first. In this case, you have the same character with 2 different settings. A new character will always use the default settings.