Any DLC misc junk items needed for quests ? [spoilers]

SKKmods

I am updating a component scrapper utility mod to include junk misc items from Nuka and Harbor DLCs.

I need to avoid scrapping misc junk items that are needed by side quests, like high power magnets and coolant bottles in the base game ... e.g. is DLC04_SouvenirMagent03 safe & etc ?

As I cant be arsed to actually complete the DLCs in detail to establish if any misc junk items should be preserved, would appreciate any suggestions.

To be clear I am not talking about actual unique quest items, its the ad-hoc "find some coolant bottles" type items, if there are any.

Based on the items I add to the trash compactor/scrapping script in my house mods, here are some basics without giving too many spoilers. I’m only starting my second run of each of those DLC, so I’m going by memory of my first runs and what I’ve found my looking at the items in the CK. Generally, if something has component data I’ll include it in my form list unless its something like a note that a player may want to go back and refer to.

DLC03 Misc Items:
- Things like the bowl, plate, coffee cup, gnomes, the lumberjack saw are OK to add.

- Most items from V118 are OK (urns, paint bucket), but there are two notes I would leave out.

- Angler gunk ball is OK
- There are some map/flyer pieces that should be left alone

- Can’t say anything on the DLC03VRComponent01Scrap and DLC03VRComponent02Scrap items. I skipped past the VR part of that quest because it was just really lame to me so I have no idea what they do. Will be skipping it all again in my new game. I leave them off my form lists. They have unique component data that you can’t seem to craft anything with beyond the VR part of the quest...based on what little I know of it.

- Leave the DataItem and DiMAMemoryHardDrive01...they don’t have component data anyway

DLC04 Misc. Items:
- Things like the Souviner Magnets, Souviner Toys and the TrashObjects (pizza and hamburger boxes, cup and straw) are OK to scrap.

- Stay away from the Park Medallions and Star Cores. They are quest related and don’t have component data anyway.

That might be a little incomplete, but it will hopefully get you started.

Appreciated. If they have a questID or unique keyword or no component data I ignore them, but as you suggest

V118 paperwork looks suspiciously important.

Edited by SKK50