Wars In skyrim ??

TheRedHunter

After a conversation with Alex, I am sorry to say it look like that the Was in Skyrim 4.6 and lower are dead.

Alex is taking a break from modding and is not sure If he'll return to it for the moment. Lets hope he does. The files has been deleted in moment of total exhaustion and justifiable anger. If you have a copy of the mod please be aware that any editing, distribution, etc. without his permission is in breach of terms and conditions and will get you banned.

There is a member called Gasty89 he is starting to rebuilt the parts of the mod he has permission to do. This has been confirmed with Alex. Gasty89 has the permission from Alex to use some parts of the mod.

If you wish to contribute visit [PROJECT] Wars in Skyrim - The Story

R.I.P. Wars in Skyrim :(

If heavens will be smiling at us there is always a possibility of console command "resurrect" ;)

@Gasty89

Alex says "Thanks for all the support you gave me"

Edited by Darkangel13

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry that a great mod such as this had to go.

I hope that Alex or someone else picks it up again, but keeps the whole project simpler with just the core portion. Maybe the add-ons he had in the later versions could be separate mods? I'm not a modder nor do I have any working knowledge of the modding system in Skyrim, but I think a simpler version of this mod would still be awesome. Just having the various creatures, people, and undead attacking each other randomly in the world made for a much more realistic feel. Most of the other things like more creatures, heroes, and villains seemed like they could be an entirely different mod.

As for the trolls, I wouldn't worry about them. Let those guys sulk in their mother's basements whose lives are really pathetic. For what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoyed this mod.

I would also like it, I currently have 4.4

Another thing, is there any mod out there that does the same as the "Water Wars" component, which allows enemies to swim through water? Because mods like Warzones are pretty broken if you have a river in the middle of a brawl and the enemies are trying to stare each other to death instead of swimming through the damn river :rolleyes:

To a certain degree modders are like artists. They take the time to learn the inner workings of a very complex game, alter them and SHARE their results. Free of charge, you just don't demand from those people. And it is the right of every artist to get worked up, and be pissed at rude comments and stop alltogether. Or to just say "**** you, I'm keeping this for myself".

This really bugs me like hell. If parts of the community can apparently achieve this, we better start thinking about using that report function more freely. Millions of users (all straining bandwith) we really don't need trolls. Or one free trolling post for every much endorsed mod you created yourself... :rolleyes:

To a certain degree modders are like artists. They take the time to learn the inner workings of a very complex game, alter them and SHARE their results. Free of charge, you just don't demand from those people. And it is the right of every artist to get worked up, and be pissed at rude comments and stop alltogether. Or to just say "**** you, I'm keeping this for myself".

This really bugs me like hell. If parts of the community can apparently achieve this, we better start thinking about using that report function more freely. Millions of users (all straining bandwith) we really don't need trolls. Or one free trolling post for every much endorsed mod you created yourself... :rolleyes:

I agree 101%

It seems really weird and kind of over-reactive to take the whole mod down...I mean I liked the mod, I thought he was adding some weird, lore breaking, game breaking elements, and the translations were...quite frankly, atrocious. But the mod did add significant challenge, an element I desperately needed. I would've liked to see where he was going with the potential this mod had...because even though it was by no means fully realized, it was an astoundingly broad effort, one of the best so far. Honestly, my whole range of feelings about this situation is one enormous shoulder shrug. It wasn't a mod I'll miss terribly, and it's not one that won't be retrieved and replaced eventually.

See the other side, his acting is to a dregree like a diva too.

He get´s berserk because of trolling. Meaningless people from the world ... this is so old as the internet.

Why give he a s*** about these guys?

All the people ( A f***ing lot of) who likes his mod, maybe send him even some money ... now have lost against the actions of some trolls? Because their words wight more?The people even votet him in the upper Charts, files of the month ect. So the people have already done something for HIM.

Neee, really that was overreacting from his side.

See the other side, his acting is to a dregree like a diva too.

He get´s berserk because of trolling. Meaningless people from the world ... this is so old as the internet.

Why give he a s*** about these guys?

All the people ( A f***ing lot of) who likes his mod, maybe send him even some money ... now have lost against the actions of some trolls? Because their words wight more?The people even votet him in the upper Charts, files of the month ect. So the people have already done something for HIM.

Neee, really that was overreacting from his side.

I still have the latest Wars of Skyrim installed and I like it very much, and I thank Alex for sharing his good work with us for free. Although I agree that he overreacted, as it was not the whole community bullying him but just the few useless people that will always exist, have always existed and will continue to exist.

I myself have supported his work by endorsing, commending and sharing links on other forums to bring attention to his mod. I did not donate any money myself (being extremely broke as of right now) but I'm sure other grateful people have done so. It is really too bad to lose all that because of a few "haters".

A way that I see it, when you are doing something right it will always ruffle a insecure troll's emotion and you will always get hate as a result of it. It happens to singers, actors, politicians and pretty much anyone who has a public figure and usually the more successful you are, the more the trolls will be attracted to you.

You should have been flattered, really :) means you were doing a really good job.

Edited by andros_forever