What do you want in a house mod?

helzi

That's all good and all, but I'll make this for myself, it'll be my first attempt at a "house/dungeon" (the private dungeon located near the house) mod, and well I want to see if I am capable of doing this. And besides I'd rather make this myself, get it exactly how I want it!

That sounds reasonable by me, though it does sound rather nifty. I mean it takes a lot to mod. I know as I do very, very minor tweaks sometimes and the hours just fly by while I'm doing them. Truly building something like what you describe, would more than likely cause me to die of an aneurysm. I can do tiny things with CS, which usually takes me a long time. But I am a total laymen when it comes to actually crafting an actual mod, let alone texturing, and meshing, and scripting, and ughhh! How people pull this off is beyond me, but I'm happy they are there! :) It blows my mind how people can just do it sometimes, even with the tiniest of mods. Not to mention so many modders put a lot of work into their projects only to get yelled at by people. That always, always annoys me! It's like you're providing me with a free-addon to my game? Whether I like or dislike it THANK YOU! So by all means keep it for yourself. I made a bunch of Katana's mixing Snow Dragon Temple, and Samurai Sword OBSE, which is basically a script that enables you to hold a one handed blade with two hands. Took me forever but, I made a bunch of one to two handed katanas with that script for sale at Fighting Chance. I even posted screenshots in the Samurai OBSE mod screenshot dealy, and someone PMed and asked me if I could release "my mod." Uhhh since it isn't exactly "my mod," rather me using existing mods and playing around with the CS. I told them I don't have permission from either author, and that it's for personal use.

Bleehhh anyhoo,

That's all good and all, but I can do a lot of modding, just never made the interior of a house before!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm I think I misread your post Shadowrace, as you weren't going to release your mod when you finished, and keep it for yourself. If you do release it awesome! Good luck with it, I'll be sure to download it. :)

Myrmaad:

Wow we seem to have a lot in common in terms of taste regarding Oblivion. o_O So I assume you run Eshme, that is a really nice body mod. As is BAB. I like both for the fact their both kind of athletic builds, as opposed to ginourmous goznagas. haha! Not that I have anything against other body mods, it's just a matter of personal preference. :)

She really needs a few more things, so I'm installing Apachii's goddess store today

Even though I don't run Exnem I've found this mod to be really neat! The amount of work to make it must have been enormous, and if you mix and match correctly you can pull off some outfits. Plus the wigs are really nice. I can't see most of my characters wearing 'hooch outfits' as was coined by friend when I used to play World of Warcraft with my ex-b/f way back. But there's a lot at Appachii that if you mix and match right does indeed work nicely, even if you aren't using the Exnem body. I don't have much time as a friend is due to visit in a bit just wanted to add. :)

I want Vilena Donton's house in Chorrol, but I would tweak it, and have more windows, and morning glories growing everywhere in the house. I would also want to have a tree growing inside the house. I love bringing nature in.

My needs are simple, a big garden with a variety of alchemy plants and a huge storage area, with chests clearly marked with what they contain, or mannequins i can outfit with the armour they contain. Anything else is a bonus ;)

Edit: oops, forgot the reason why that you wanted, The storage area coz i'm a notorious collector of EVERYTHING. The garden coz of my collecting habits i need alchemy potions to sell for money :(

I want Vilena Donton's house in Chorrol, but I would tweak it, and have more windows, and morning glories growing everywhere in the house. I would also want to have a tree growing inside the house. I love bringing nature in.

I recently finished the Fighter's Guild quests and I really liked that house, myself.

Well, now that I have a posse, I've been going around to all my large houses to see if there's one that suits us all. The Valus View Manor is ok, because the top floor has three bedrooms in one space.

The Tiber Septim Suite was nice when there were two of them, and I just got a room of my own when I wanted some privacy. But for three it's a bit cramped though really comfortably appointed. I like modern couches and chairs dammit. Anywhere you tell them to stay they are held captive in the cell, so ideally, a cell would accommodate several bedrooms, a living area, and a dining area, since they seem to like to "eat and drink" during down time. I did the quest for the Divine Watch Castle today, but it's a bit too formal and cold.

Planning to try Kumiko Manor, but I don't know--We hung out at Ancient Source Firewater Manor today, but the same problem with the bedrooms, and they couldn't eat since there's not a comfortable dining/lounging area. I ended up going over to Weynon Retreat, however: I'm still trying to manage optimizing their inventories so I'd like them close at hand, plus they're fun, if a little repetitive.

Also I'm probably pushing it but I'm wondering about companions and horses? A summonable enchanted horse would work for them, if I can find something that works.

On a side note, I actually found the horse I lost in the game on June 16, last weekend after a month of daily game play and never finding or seeing him. That was incredible. During the Fighter's Guild questline the fighters camp out at a cave near Leyawiin, and I saw them fighting in the distance and went to investigate.. it was them "back to work", and as I looked around low and behold my beloved Lucifyr was standing around with them. Just crazy, it's really what makes the whole Oblivion game experience so amazing when things like that happen.

I personally being an animal lover and nature lover, prefer a house somewhere with a nice woodsy (err, woodsy is a word, right?) area around it. Lots of trees and flowers. Have a nice little quiet house, with animals roaming by every now and then. Being able to go outside, sit down, watch a nice sunset through a spacing in the trees. Pick a few flowers for my nice garden outside the house, maybe a few for inside. Then go inside, play with my little fox as a pet (sadly there are no mods that add a fox, or from what I've seen...I love foxes) feed it, then head to bed, and then maybe go swimming in a little pool in the enclosed fresh water spring, behind my house. Head into town bye some items. Head back home, and spend the rest of my day either reading a book from my expansive shelves of books, (some I have personally written for my own interest in Oblivion) or training in my personal Dungeon I had built near my house (currently working on this mod actually ^.^). Then probably heading to sleep, and starting a new day after that. And it having a nice, stable for my animal mount. (I'm going to make a fox as a mount, like a giant fox as a mount, I would so love that, I already have an idea how, just got to put my texturing skills to the text)

Yes I'm a guy, live with it! I love nature, and animals alike. Especially foxes, so cute......anyways, that is my dream house. I am actually currently working on a dungeon, near the house Helzi so happily made for me. Thank you, I love the house by the way! Anyways I'm done talking, anyone elses house ideas?

Oi mate, I'm pretty sure MMM adds foxes. You can't ride them though, poor little buggers. heh

Cheers.

Edit: Drat, I should have kept reading before replying. :P

Oh!

I would absolutely *love* a Japanese style house set out on a tranquil lake, surrounded my sakura trees in bloom. I would want it completely decorated in Japanese style with a tea ceremony set in an appropriate room. Those wood screens that divide rooms up for privacy. I would want a huge garden I could actually grow stuff in. A kotatsu (the table with the heater underneath it) to keep warm, as well as a fireplace somwehre. Kitchen and bathroom of course - I find it silly online games with housing dont include bathrooms lol. And somewhere on the island... I would like a hotsprings. There could also be a Buddhist shrine with the shinto arches out front. And a miko tending it. :3 She could train in restoration or mysticism. And sell archery equipment. :D

A koi fish pond would also be neat, but not totally necessary, maybe have the koi out in the lake. Put a fishing boat on the shore with a rack of smoked fish somewhere.

Thats my dream Oblivion house. ^.^

Shadowace is a person after my own heart! I love foxes too, I have ever since I was little... my forum name is even Fox Girl (in Japanese). :D So I would like to see foxes around my house too, especially near the shrine. A fox pet would indeed be cool.

Shadowace is a person after my own heart! I love foxes too, I have ever since I was little... my forum name is even Fox Girl (in Japanese). :D So I would like to see foxes around my house too, especially near the shrine. A fox pet would indeed be cool.

Haha, I may have already stolen your heart ^.^! Nah, anyways, foxes own! Point noted.