What do you want in a house mod?

helzi

I personally being an animal lover and nature lover, prefer a house somewhere with a nice woodsy (err, woodsy is a word, right?) area around it. Lots of trees and flowers. Have a nice little quiet house, with animals roaming by every now and then. Being able to go outside, sit down, watch a nice sunset through a spacing in the trees. Pick a few flowers for my nice garden outside the house, maybe a few for inside. Then go inside, play with my little fox as a pet (sadly there are no mods that add a fox, or from what I've seen...I love foxes) feed it, then head to bed, and then maybe go swimming in a little pool in the enclosed fresh water spring, behind my house. Head into town bye some items. Head back home, and spend the rest of my day either reading a book from my expansive shelves of books, (some I have personally written for my own interest in Oblivion) or training in my personal Dungeon I had built near my house (currently working on this mod actually ^.^). Then probably heading to sleep, and starting a new day after that. And it having a nice, stable for my animal mount. (I'm going to make a fox as a mount, like a giant fox as a mount, I would so love that, I already have an idea how, just got to put my texturing skills to the text)

Yes I'm a guy, live with it! I love nature, and animals alike. Especially foxes, so cute......anyways, that is my dream house. I am actually currently working on a dungeon, near the house Helzi so happily made for me. Thank you, I love the house by the way! Anyways I'm done talking, anyone elses house ideas?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Shadowrace, if you're making what your described into a mod... I think I'll play a Ranger again. :) I probably wouldn't want to ride a giant fox though. Having one as a pet on the other hand would be great. Sounds nice! :D

Ok well now I definately am going to work on it, I'll start a topic for it in the General Mod Talk area (whatever its called) Look for it, just look for one made by me, but what should I name it mate? Before I can start a topic on it I need a name for the mod!

Newer Mart's Monster Mod releases include an optional plugin that includes foxes. I think they're retextured wolves.

Yes I know this, but A. I don't use MMM, and B. I don't like how the foxes look, I'm going to try my hand at texturing my own.

I personally being an animal lover and nature lover, prefer a house somewhere with a nice woodsy (err, woodsy is a word, right?) area around it. Lots of trees and flowers. Have a nice little quiet house, with animals roaming by every now and then. Being able to go outside, sit down, watch a nice sunset through a spacing in the trees. Pick a few flowers for my nice garden outside the house, maybe a few for inside. Then go inside, play with my little fox as a pet (sadly there are no mods that add a fox, or from what I've seen...I love foxes) feed it, then head to bed, and then maybe go swimming in a little pool in the enclosed fresh water spring, behind my house. Head into town bye some items. Head back home, and spend the rest of my day either reading a book from my expansive shelves of books, (some I have personally written for my own interest in Oblivion) or training in my personal Dungeon I had built near my house (currently working on this mod actually ^.^). Then probably heading to sleep, and starting a new day after that. And it having a nice, stable for my animal mount. (I'm going to make a fox as a mount, like a giant fox as a mount, I would so love that, I already have an idea how, just got to put my texturing skills to the text)

Yes I'm a guy, live with it! I love nature, and animals alike. Especially foxes, so cute......anyways, that is my dream house. I am actually currently working on a dungeon, near the house Helzi so happily made for me. Thank you, I love the house by the way! Anyways I'm done talking, anyone elses house ideas?

*chuckle*

You know, the Weynon Retreat house is a lot like you've just described, with deer running through the yard and woods off the edge of the property to the north, and Weynon Priory garden just up the hill to the south. Except for the Fox! :(

WARNING

SPOILER AHEAD

Sangel, that's the same horse I lost. He really did suit my character. I had named him Lucifyr*, and I won a horse named Savior in the Weynon retreat quest, which was quite fitting I thought. Now I have a Cheydenhal black named Moonshadow, and a Palomino named Stardust (slof!) from Anvil stables. I still have Savior because I never ride him. And then the Horses at Valusview, which thank goodness are programmed to respawn at

Valusview if you lose them. * I named him Lucifyr after Venus as the morning star, he was so bright and beautiful.

My character's going through something really weird now. It's almost like writing a story when you play this game, you know, the characters seem to take on a life of their own and dictate their own storylines.

She just hasn't been the same since the main quested ended, she's going into a really dark place. I swear to god she stole something I never even saw her take! (It was a beer.) I only caught it because I was going through my inventory.

She's made it all the way through 80 percent of the game and the main quest without a single murder, she's been nothing but goodness and light, but she came *this close* to murdering Falcar, she said, HE'S NO FRIEND OF MINE!

She's listless and seems to have nothing to do, too much time on her hands. Her "power" is in name only, everything runs as it always has and no one cares if she shows up or not. Her only real friend is dead.

I captured a screenshot that really shows her mood perfectly, I'm going to post it in the screen caps section.--> The quality didn't turn out great.

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=11350

*chuckle*

You know, the Weynon Retreat house is a lot like you've just described, with deer running through the yard and woods off the edge of the property to the north, and Weynon Priory garden just up the hill to the south. Except for the Fox!

WARNING

SPOILER AHEAD

Sangel, that's the same horse I lost. He really did suit my character. I had named him Lucifyr*, and I won a horse named Savior in the Weynon retreat quest, which was quite fitting I thought. Now I have a Cheydenhal black named Moonshadow, and a Palomino named Stardust (slof!) from Anvil stables. I still have Savior because I never ride him. And then the Horses at Valusview, which thank goodness are programmed to respawn at

Valusview if you lose them. * I named him Lucifyr after Venus as the morning star, he was so bright and beautiful.

My character's going through something really weird now. It's almost like writing a story when you play this game, you know, the characters seem to take on a life of their own and dictate their own storylines.

She just hasn't been the same since the main quested ended, she's going into a really dark place. I swear to god she stole something I never even saw her take! (It was a beer.) I only caught it because I was going through my inventory.

She's made it all the way through 80 percent of the game and the main quest without a single murder, she's been nothing but goodness and light, but she came *this close* to murdering Falcar, she said, HE'S NO FRIEND OF MINE!

She's listless and seems to have nothing to do, too much time on her hands. Her "power" is in name only, everything runs as it always has and no one cares if she shows up or not. Her only real friend is dead.

I captured a screenshot that really shows her mood perfectly, I'm going to post it in the screen caps section.--> The quality didn't turn out great.

http://www.tesnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=11350

That's all good and all, but I'll make this for myself, it'll be my first attempt at a "house/dungeon" (the private dungeon located near the house) mod, and well I want to see if I am capable of doing this. And besides I'd rather make this myself, get it exactly how I want it!

*chuckle*

You know, the Weynon Retreat house is a lot like you've just described, with deer running through the yard and woods off the edge of the property to the north, and Weynon Priory garden just up the hill to the south. Except for the Fox!

That's all good and all, but I'll make this for myself, it'll be my first attempt at a "house/dungeon" (the private dungeon located near the house) mod, and well I want to see if I am capable of doing this. And besides I'd rather make this myself, get it exactly how I want it!

Yeah, I know, if I only I had time and ambition, I'd love to try to figure it out. Good luck to you!

That sounds reasonable by me, though it does sound rather nifty. I mean it takes a lot to mod. I know as I do very, very minor tweaks sometimes and the hours just fly by while I'm doing them. Truly building something like what you describe, would more than likely cause me to die of an aneurysm. I can do tiny things with CS, which usually takes me a long time. But I am a total laymen when it comes to actually crafting an actual mod, let alone texturing, and meshing, and scripting, and ughhh! How people pull this off is beyond me, but I'm happy they are there! :) It blows my mind how people can just do it sometimes, even with the tiniest of mods. Not to mention so many modders put a lot of work into their projects only to get yelled at by people. That always, always annoys me! It's like you're providing me with a free-addon to my game? Whether I like or dislike it THANK YOU! So by all means keep it for yourself. I made a bunch of Katana's mixing Snow Dragon Temple, and Samurai Sword OBSE, which is basically a script that enables you to hold a one handed blade with two hands. Took me forever but, I made a bunch of one to two handed katanas with that script for sale at Fighting Chance. I even posted screenshots in the Samurai OBSE mod screenshot dealy, and someone PMed and asked me if I could release "my mod." Uhhh since it isn't exactly "my mod," rather me using existing mods and playing around with the CS. I told them I don't have permission from either author, and that it's for personal use.

Bleehhh anyhoo,

Oh I can relate believe me... Maybe it's because I'm a writer? Despite my grammatical errors on message boards and such, yes I'm an aspiring writer and in the process of trying to get published right now. Maybe it's because I used to LARP when I was teenager? Vampire The Masquerade. ;) Maybe it's just because I'm insanely eccentric, but believe me I can relate... Especially with TES games. My brother started my addiction when I was 14 with Daggerfall! With TES games it becomes very, very easy to form an attachment to your character, even if they are nothing like you. I had this occur with Daggerfall, I had this occur with Morrowind, and I've had this seriously occur so far twice in Oblivion.

I'll stick to Oblivion, since this is a forum for it. :) The first character I really had that crazy kind of attachment to, where I could write a book about her was Allecia Lestala my Vamperic/Necromancer/Meglomaniac/Psycho character. The thing about playing evil is you have to get in your characters head, which can be difficult. But from Allecia's perspective she felt perfectly justified in all her actions. She felt Tamerial by in large was flawed, and impure. Being such an impure realm she felt it was her place to essentially grow in her power to the point where she could jail the souls of Tamerial. In a way she was an aspiring Daedric Prince looking to call Tamerial her domain. She was clever, and knew to start small, and conceal her misdoings well. But the little megalomaniac in me wishes there was someway to actually conquer the cities of Cyrodill, eventually conquering all of Cyrodiil its self! I mean with a really neat Necromacy mod, she had like a horde of undead servants, pretty much a small army who could easily take most of the cities, say for the Imperial City... She would need to harvest more body parts and souls for that task. But I mean, yeah that would be my dream for this character, to wage war on The Empire, and conquer it. It certainly took me a long enough time to build my army and level this character. By the time Allecia was done with Cyrodiil, the forces of Oblivion would think twice about invading Tamerial let me tell you. ;) But while she turned into a vampire in the Dark Brotherhood questline, I wound up in my head saying okay she's been Listener for several centuries and now she's looking to take over the Mages Guild for political influence, and to stamp out rival Necromacers. She was a fun character to play, her mind became really twisted by Dark Brotherhood fanatasism, and that of course evolved into her own warped philosophy over the imaginary centuries. But she believed what she was doing was good. I'll spare you the details.

So like a year and half or so later I made a character raised on the Akaviri Kojima, Akane Tsunada. She was trained how to fight there by her sensei, but she wound up becoming more of a Ronin than a Samurai at first. Since she never completed her training, and wanted to go off to do her own thing and right wrongs. But she was a little misguided until she wound caught up in the main quest, and yes like you're character she had a thing for Martin. She wandered a bit after she became Champion, helping people wherever she went, finally attaining the status of Samurai. This included helping out these castles that had quests attached to them. When complete and so-and-so offered her the castle she would decline and just wander, almost trying to run away from the scars the whole Oblivion crisis left on her. Then she's asked by Ocato to become Countess of Kvatch, which is apparently rebuilding. Well she lead the troops well enough in the Defense of Bruma, which I used a mod to make much, much longer, and feel more epic. Not to mention she felt as though she needed some kind of purpose, and meaning. Maybe she could help the people of Kvatch rebuild? She was welcome as their Countess with open arms being their Hero and all, and yeah... Again I'll spare the details, but I became seriously attached to this character, and then a computer virus killed her. I really should have backed those saves up more. :(

I just had to respond to this because, yes I know! I used to have a lot of screenshots too, chronicling my Good characters adventures. But they were lost. Ah well my next Hero will probably be even better, but I'm going to wait until either the mood strikes me to play again, or a new computer before trying to save the world again. Hopefully both will kind of happen at once. Also are you by chance running BAB? Because I recognize that clothing as BAB, either that or Eshme? I used to run Eshme before BAB. :)

...<snippage> I just had to respond to this because, yes I know! I used to have a lot of screenshots too, chronicling my Good characters adventures. But they were lost. Ah well my next Hero will probably be even better, but I'm going to wait until either the mood strikes me to play again, or a new computer before trying to save the world again. Hopefully both will kind of happen at once. Also are you by chance running BAB? Because I recognize that clothing as BAB, either that or Eshme? I used to run Eshme before BAB. :)

Fascinating!

and then a computer virus killed her.

Oh that sucks!

I think I'll make a disk with a few saves on it, just in case.

Yup, Eshme and UFF boots and accessories. She really needs a few more things, so I'm installing Apachii's goddess store today. Some things I can make work on Eshme's body, but I have been playing around with the textures and CS a bit, I had toyed with modding another game in the past, but I really need some things that suit her, and she's just not into skimpy ho-wear. I need some plain black tops and more red, she prefers solids and understatement. I think the only way I'm going to find what she really wants is to make them myself. I have all the tools to do it, so all I have to do is figure it out and actually accomplish it if I can. Looking at clothing and facial textures is like being on acid!

This has been my first experience with any roleplay games, though when I was young I knew a lot of people who were into it, esp D&D back in the dark ages before there were personal computers in the imagination of anyone. I also tend to be a writer of sorts, so it has really taken hold of my imagination, and I know exactly what you mean about how you could write a book about your character.

I was also thinking last night that as humans we all have our dark sides, and it's human nature that we can justify anything, our conscience is pretty malleable that way, it just comes down to how much justification is necessary to convince yourself that you're justified in whatever you're convincing yourself is actually just. heh heh