Realistic skyrim (remove magic and more).

zeonos

removing magic would be kinda odd... especially if theirs a quest where someone uses magic XD. I guess you could remove all those quests and maybe make the colleges into castles with knights? Idk but A LOT of work for getting RID of a lot of content. Doesn't seem worth it to me, only if you REALLY want to Role Play?

I believe some of the Main Quests Require Magic removing those Vital Quests would be Game Breaking.

I believe some of the Main Quests Require Magic removing those Vital Quests would be Game Breaking.

Exactly... Hence the mod would be a game ruiner unless all you want to do is role play?

Try BYOG - Balance Your Own Game by Athyra

BYOG is a control panel featuring a variety of game settings.

With this you could reach whatever you want exept the no magika, but you can decrease its power a lot.

Try also Realistic Needs and Diseases by perseid9

or this Duel - Combat Realism by Gabriel Mailhot

or this Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival by Chesko

Enjoy! :biggrin:

Edited by robbyus1111

You can achieve all of these things with a combination of already existing mods and the creation kit the removing magic will be quite difficult. Other than magic removal you can do all of this with relative ease.

Agree. The mods are out there you just have to look for it here are some example from nexus site:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19281 - Requiem The oldschool role playing overhaul:

A well put together mod with changes in all skill, weapon damage, traveling (no fast travel and carriage cost considerable more), a lot harder to sneak around (you almost can not sneak during daytime) mob are a lot more dangerous.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26228 - Realistic Needs and Disease

A mod concentrated on hunger, thirst, and sleep need (the rate is adjustable) disease are easily contracted if you sleep in dirty bed roll in a cave.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7654 - Realistic Lighting With Customization

I suggest this one if you are looking for more immersion. You will think twice about walking at night or go in a cave without a light spell or a torch

as for magic, vampire and other creature they are part of Cyrodiil and part of Elder Scroll. taking them out would turn this game into Fallout. They are one reason we play Skyrim or any of the Elder Scroll or GW2, WoW or majority of MMO in general it allow us to travel to live to experience a magical world that IRL cannot offer. To be honest if you want to get down and dirty or some adrenaline try airsoft gun. but Airsoft gun doesn't have playing dragon or vampire trying to take over the world. Skyrim does.

• 2 weeks later...

The magic would be okay in the game but... its implemented badly. Everybody in the realm can throw fireballs if he reads a book!:D Player got heal and fire spell by default why?If i create a stupid barbarian he shouldn know casting spells. If sby want to be a caster than he should work for it. You would learn spells by doing quests for the mages guild or something.

Only a very few NPC should be a caster. That would make it special. A lowlifer bandit casting heal on its self...its not okay. Same goes for potions. For example healing potions are too common (just like spells). In a realistic world you are describing here a potion like this should be an ultimate thing...Very hard to find or create. I would be happy to see a mod that focuses on the realistic elements like realistic fighting, damage and needs...Magic and alchemy would be present but it would be rare and OP:)

I have downloaded mods that removes silly creatures and magic from Oblivion. It finally made that game enjoyable, I am still waiting for equivalent mods before buying Skyrim. Is there anything yet?

And Fallout is not the same, it`s a gun focused game and therefore has bad melee combat. It also has zombies (feral ghouls) and orcs (super mutants).

I love all but one of your suggestions, I think fast travel should be available, though it could be optional.