What can I do to cripple the Black-Briar family?

Omeletter

She becomes the new jarl of Riften if you give it to the imperials and she has a heap of new dialouge when she is jarl. So Bethesda would have to fully script a whole new person who has power in Riften and they become the jarl.

It would change to much to try do that although I must agree I would be good to knock her off. I gues there could be another dark brotherhood mission that once she is jarl someone wants her taken out and it's the new person in town or the dark brotherhood gets asked to kill her when she isn't the jarl I don't know who would kill her though and there would have to be a story behind it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bad they don't have something like "Biff the Understudy" in this game.

For those interesting in getting rid of Silver-Blood as well, I think he gets evicted if you give Markarth to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending and then take it back by siding for the Empire. If memory serves, Silver-Blood gets made Thane in Season Unending and then evicted to spend the rest of his days living in Windhelm's basement once it's taken back.

Keep in mind that there are two Silver-Blood brothers. Thongvor is the one who can become Jarl, while Thonar is the one who runs the mine. It is never made clear just how much knowledge Thongvor had of what Thonar was doing, though neither of them is up for any Good Guy awards.

• 3 months later...

It's funny there is a console command to make an NPC essential I'm surprised there isn't one to remove them from being essential.

Um Kanarus the guy on page one told everyone how to make them non essential? I'm a bit confused by what you mean I did what he said and I knocked off Maven and Hemming, arrow to Mavens head was very satisfying :) But it worked for me

• 3 months later...

Hmph, my "revenge" against Cloud District dude is the retort, "No dragons in the Cloud District. Waste of time."

Maven, though, there's someone needs killin'. The Thalmor are literally enemies of man, like the entire species, but Maven's all cozy with them like she won't be on their list when they finally make their move.

• 1 month later...

I tried Become High King of Skyrim mod but went with the 40 votes to be High King route.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/41087//?

Not to be High King so much as to see what could be done to Maven Black Briar.

She was executed, head cut off.

http://i.imgur.com/OmXjT9N.jpg

Quite a few glitches in the mod and will uninstall, but it was worth trying just cause she is SOOO annoying!

• 1 month later...

just install "become high king (or something)" mod, marry ulfric or elisif, appoint a new jarl for riften, imprison or kill maven (set non-essential in dialogue menu if not jarl yet) BUT make sure you have done all missions where she played a role in or else as said before your game will be broken.

finally a pretty reasonable lore-friendly mod that can kill her.

• 4 months later...

Well Talo's being a Man and not a God that's one against nords's worship so Thalmor isn't wrong in that I give that to them but Ultric is a biggit in re guards to other races and the Empire has better thoughts to people Maven I would love to break her She is a big Ass.

• 1 month later...