What can I do to cripple the Black-Briar family?

Omeletter

I actually requested a mod here which would allow for something like this. There's a difference between grey-on-grey morality and being forced to choose between eating a turd pie and eating a turd sandwich, which Bethesda doesn't seem to appreciate.

As I have posted before...the writing for Skyrim is directed at 12 year olds...both the dialog and the choices lack any real maturity or depth...If it wasn't for such a brilliant modding community, this game would have been gathering dust on my shelf a long time ago.

Edited by StayFrosty05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can cripple her ambition to be Jarl by not doing the imperial side of the war. Fighting for Ulfric will hurt Maven's Imperial allies.

To be honest Black-Briars > Silver-Bloods. At least they have two intelligent family members in Ingun and Maven, those filthy Silver-Bloods are both despicable and stupid..

Sorry to be somewhat off topic with this, but what really bothers me about some of these quest lines is (nerd alert) the whole Star Wars philosophy that basically states that with the Eviiiil group it's always cut and dry "Your either with me or against me", while any descent people usually always tries to exhaust every possible diplomatic solution before resorting to hostilities. As in the whole Blades thing with P. Now I know that creating other options would have taken more time to do and might not have been the direction that Bethesda wanted to go in for other reasons also. I still think it will only be a matter of time before a mod or mods come out for this, so I'll wait for them or use the console commands.

• 2 weeks later...
I remember reading around here somewhere that each npc has two personalities, one is the type the player interacts with and the other is a simple attack mode type. The two types become obvious when you try to clone the npc? So clone her and then make her a follower and sacrifice her to bothelia botheia whateveritsnameis. Tell her to activate the alter and then stab her in the heart as she becomes a monument to that daedra.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can't wait til this is complete and is Imperial compatible. I hate Ulfric more than I hate Maven, so I could never side with the Stormcloaks more than just once to see what doing so would be like. I am concerned though that the modder has become burned out because it has not been updated since September 9th.

Edited by Suspiria

I detest the Black-Briar family (along with the Silverblood family). There are entire families in Skyrim I'd like to see eliminated, and these are two of them. Unfortunately, with Maven, you can't. Bethesda made her essential for a reason. There's a chance, depending upon how you handle a certain quest, that she can become Jarl of Riften. Killing her could seriously break the game.

If it meant kicking them bastages to the curb for being the bastages that they are, I'd rather have Law-Giver back on the throne of Riften than Maven.

For those interesting in getting rid of Silver-Blood as well, I think he gets evicted if you give Markarth to the Stormcloaks during Season Unending and then take it back by siding for the Empire. If memory serves, Silver-Blood gets made Thane in Season Unending and then evicted to spend the rest of his days living in Windhelm's basement once it's taken back.

Edited by ShadCroly