Unknown download

oldtrk

I have a download on NMM called fullbootforkksa.esp. It is listed on the Plugins side. When I first noticed it, I clicked it off because I was not sure what it was. But now I noticed, twice, it activates itself. I have done a search on skyrim for a mod associated with it, but nothing. I also have no author linked to it. Anyone have an idea?

Also, FlameAtronachArmor.esp was on there, I did not download these two files, not sure where they came from.

I looked it up in google, and it seems to be a mod, but I can't find its name. But, from what I did see, it seems to be an Oblivion mod, and not a Skyrim mod. Why your computer is downloading mods without you telling it to, IDK. . . Edited by BeastlyBeast

Check and see if it's something you subscribed to in the steam workshop. I had an odd mod that kept popping up until I happened to look in the Steam Launcher files and saw I was subscribed to it. Steam will keep pushing the damn thing down until you unsubscribe. Steam seems rather fond of that methodology.

Heh, just noticed the same esp in my BOSS log and was wondering the same thing. Seems to have appeared after installing the Realistic Ragdolls and Force mod, however I know that the FlameAtronachArmor.esp is part of this mod. If you have the ragdolls mod installed then I would guess it's that, if not, well the only other possible source is the black tower mod.

Edit: Well, I may have posted too quickly but I am sure I saw flame atronach armour somewhere on that black tower page...so unless the ctrl+f function is lying to me then I'm wrong. Guess we have to wait and see if anyone else knows where these mystery files are from. :turned:

Edited by SilentSpike69

I haven't downloaded either of these files. What I am worried about is, two weeks ago I had a system failure, and five malware files were found by using a program I found (Norton did not catch them). The files did so much damage I had to restore to factory settings. The only thing I use this computer for is Games, and the only thing I download is Mods. So I am a little spooked. I did have an entire backup of my system, but am afraid to upload it as the Malware might be on that also.(?) I have scaned the back up, but still to scared to upload. I am such a baby.

• 1 year later...