Jurry-rigged eyebot pod

kitcat81

Recently I was testing something and ran into an interesting thing.. An eye-bot forge staying on the road right between Westing Estate and Forest Groove Marsh. I looked in wiki and it says that the forge is a craftable object from Automatron...For some reason I have never seen it in my crafting menu and was unable to find it. Can someone tell me please where it should be located? I completed Automatron ages ago so not sure if I'm missing something.

Jut got a thought that maybe I.m missing the shematics. I was sure I have cleaned the Mechanist's lair from anything collectible, but who knows. Will try to search there again.

Edited by kitcat81

Recently I was testing something and ran into an interesting thing.. An eye-bot forge staying on the road right between Westing Estate and Forest Groove Marsh. I looked in wiki and it says that the forge is a craftable object from Automatron...For some reason I have never seen it in my crafting menu and was unable to find it. Can someone tell me please where it should be located? I completed Automatron ages ago so not sure if I'm missing something.

Jut got a thought that maybe I.m missing the shematics. I was sure I have cleaned the Mechanist's lair from anything collectible, but who knows. Will try to search there again.

the schematics for it should be found in isabel/the mechanist's room and i think the pod can be found in the workshop menu under resources- misc. alongside the scavenging station

the schematics for it should be found in isabel/the mechanist's room and i think the pod can be found in the workshop menu under resources- misc. alongside the scavenging station

Hey, thank you very much, I will check that out. It's fantastic how can you still discover some new things after hundreds of hours spent in game.

definitely awesome when that happens. i've had this game since launch, and i never encountered the eye bot station in the commonwealth until a few months ago. i still don't think i've come across all of the unique npcs from the various random encounters, but i blame automatron for that (rust devil spawns most of the time)

Thank you once more , that was it, I just somehow missed the schematics. Rust Devils can be really irritating when you meet them in every corner. I think I have seen a mod that changes this so they spawn not so often and you get a chance to meet other encounters.Unfortunately, can't remember its name.

i somewhat recall the Unofficial Patch addressing the constant Rust Devil spawns a while back. it wasn't anything specifically related to them, but they fixed some bug with random encounter spawns not working properly if i remember correctly... i'd have to look through the change logs for it to remember exactly what it was though.

it's not too big a deal for me currently. i still get other NPCs in the random encounter locations, but they're rust devils at least half the time i'd estimate. i know there's also a mod that delays the start of automatron until you reach a certain level of your choosing, so i might give that one a try on my next playthrough. i'd really like to encounter the level 4 merchants naturally and recruit them to my settlements without having to use console commands or another mod, and some of the other random encounters, like the little girl and her sentry bot, are very fun to stumble upon haha!

and glad you found the schematics! happy to help. i don't think i found those in my first playthrough of the dlc either. after defeating the mechanist, i don't really spend any time in the lair, so it's pretty easy to overlook.