your Gaming Story.

Tamujiin

I remember playing pong on the pong console but don't remember where it came from. My brother used to repair electronics (TV's, radios and stuff) and I assume he got it from doing that stuff.

Later on it was D&D... a LOT of D&D. I loved the game and our gaming sessions seemed to FLY by so fast. I just wanted to play and play and play.

Then my brothers came up with an Atari 2600. Asteroids was a blast, so was Yar's Revenge... the E.T. game was annoying as hell and there was a lot of mediocre games.

Then came the Commodore 64. I played the hell out of the AD&D games Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds and Secret of the Silver Blades... plus a bunch of other stuff I don't remember. I remember snail mail ordering games from some place in the US. It's funny thinking back on playing the MSI Stealth game where the runway was a couple jagged black lines on a solid colored back-ground. Try landing your plane on that! LOL.... but I did it and it was fun for the time. Nowadays I can't even be arsed playing any form of flying game.

Then I ended up with a P166 and played the shareware of Doom and was blown away. Then came Doom 2, Final Doom and Quake..... the Quake expansions.... Half-Life..... so many shooters! I upgraded computers a number of times and lost track of what machines ran what games... haha. I missed the early TES games. I had Battlespire but never got it to run and it wasn't until Morrowind came out that I experienced the TES series. Now I have two comps, one for gaming and one for everything else. It's amazing how far video games have come. I remember Playing Pool of Radiance on the C64 and wishing the 3D view was better. It wasn't true 3D but just a picture that basically represented your location, which changed when you moved. Now we have fully rendered 3D worlds with trees and rocks and hills and monsters coming out of the woodwork and arrows flying by and spell effects and awesome sound and day-night cycles and rain and a lot of cool stuff, plus a lot of complainers. Haha.

Archived