Problems with modding

yumenightfire27

So I just play tested my first vault for the first time. I ran into several problems.

1) Some of the doors won't open. I get "this door is activated elsewhere" and it might have been the kind of door but I opened one of this type already (one of the vault 101 sliding doors)

2) The lights are WAYY too bright!! It's blinding bright and shining off of everything. The scale is currently set to 1.0000 and I can't lower it any more than that. It just sets it back to what it was, and I can't hold S and click and drag. For some reason it's not working...

3) I keep falling through the floors!! I don't know what I did but I keep falling through invisible holes in the floor. Some of them are small enough to jump out of but some of them I fall all the way through and I fall back through the ceiling in the same room.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you for putting up with my n00bedness

yumenightfire27 - Hello!

"Some of the doors won't open. I get "this door is activated elsewhere""

That message is displayed when a door is opened by a trigger instead of the door itself.

Clicking on the door in GECK should display a line connecting the door to any activators that it's linked to.

You could also see if it has any Activate parents set by double clicking on the door & checking that heading.

"The lights are WAYY too bright!! It's blinding bright and shining off of everything. The scale is currently set to 1.0000 and I can't lower it any more than that. "

The scale determines the size of the object like other objects. Normally you don't need to change a light effects scale.

To change the brightness you want to double click on the lightbulb shape & select "Extra" in there should be a setting called Radius. It might have a number like 250, raise that to increase the reach of the light or decrese that number to dim it.

As you adjust the Radius you'll see that wire frame circle around it change size, that indicates the light's reach.

It's best to turn off the Render Windows extra bright light to gauge how your placed light will look in game (the "a" key toggles the extra bright light on/off). I still find it best to go in game to check out the lights effect is how it's wanted.

Don't forget there are many types of light like warm, cool, etc. to choose from.

"I keep falling through the floors!! I don't know what I did but I keep falling through invisible holes in the floor. Some of them are small enough to jump out of but some of them I fall all the way through and I fall back through the ceiling in the same room"

That's odd, you should only fall through holes or gaps in miss aligned sections. Make sure your kit pieces used aren't some strange special pieces. Make sure they are lined up & snapped together, other than that I can't think why you'd fall through.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa