Vortex Alpha Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #57608766. #57611296 is also a reply to the same post.

KeltecRFB wrote: Disregard my bug report, I just wasn't patient enough to let the mods to fully register before starting to import in which I was receiving that error. Although, perhaps a condition check should be added stating mods have not been registered yet, please be patient instead of registering a bug report. But then again, this is alpha and the bug report may end with adding that condition check.

I am still importing my game and then I have to do the clean up before testing running the game. So far I like the UI. Those that don't, just admit you don't like change ... LOL

I'll have to test this on TTW see if it can handle large file installation like MO/MO2 can. NMM could not or mostly not and was suggested not to be used with TTW.

I hope more skins are released. Bright is too bright and default is Nexus Look.
haguerepairguy wrote: I had the same problem and had a heart attack until I saw the problem and reloaded them. lol

You can edit the theme to change the colors, fonts, and font size. Just hit the Clone button in settings for the Theme tab. If you know CSS, you can manually edit it more in-depth.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57598231. #57598486, #57598531, #57598606, #57599056 are all replies on the same post.

avgnfan7800 wrote: im done, im going back to FOMMs and OBMM it been less than an hour and ive already given up on vortex. how is it so hard to make something better then prehistoric mod managers? apparently impossible, well atleast for nexus. i honestly wouldnt even visit this site if it wasnt the main and only place for mods. sadly i have to.
Ronin Silfar wrote: Did you even read the entire post before hunting for a download link? They warned it was still a buggy alpha release and advised people like you to NOT download it.
Anqayas wrote: +1
CrosSoldier wrote: u have to be trolling....did u read the post at all?? this is in ALPHA
r0ck7y wrote: that's why i think no one can comment anything until he read the entire article. people are just rude even if they been giving things for free and people work 24/7 to try to please them and make things much easier for them.

Don't release an alpha if it doesnt even work. NMM was a step above alpha and was a monumental piece of garbage, couldnt imagine what the finished version would have been like. and as i previously said it is very very sad that with two "attempts" with making a mod manager that they cant do basic functions. the prehistoric FOMMS And OBMM which are betas and not maintained any longer are still much more useful then these two half assed attempts.

In response to post #57598231. #57598486, #57598531, #57598606, #57599056, #57624816 are all replies on the same post.

avgnfan7800 wrote: im done, im going back to FOMMs and OBMM it been less than an hour and ive already given up on vortex. how is it so hard to make something better then prehistoric mod managers? apparently impossible, well atleast for nexus. i honestly wouldnt even visit this site if it wasnt the main and only place for mods. sadly i have to.
Ronin Silfar wrote: Did you even read the entire post before hunting for a download link? They warned it was still a buggy alpha release and advised people like you to NOT download it.
CrosSoldier wrote: u have to be trolling....did u read the post at all?? this is in ALPHA
r0ck7y wrote: that's why i think no one can comment anything until he read the entire article. people are just rude even if they been giving things for free and people work 24/7 to try to please them and make things much easier for them.
avgnfan7800 wrote: Don't release an alpha if it doesnt even work. NMM was a step above alpha and was a monumental piece of garbage, couldnt imagine what the finished version would have been like. and as i previously said it is very very sad that with two "attempts" with making a mod manager that they cant do basic functions. the prehistoric FOMMS And OBMM which are betas and not maintained any longer are still much more useful then these two half assed attempts.

and still i think you are rude here. if you don't like it you can just simply pass it and you don't even need to say anything. i did try it out and it's working fine with me despite a few bugs that's will be fixed soon. if you can't get it to work with you then i think simply this is your own problem that's all.

In response to post #57598231. #57598486, #57598531, #57598606, #57599056 are all replies on the same post.

Don't release an alpha if it doesnt even work. NMM was a step above alpha and was a monumental piece of garbage, couldnt imagine what the finished version would have been like. and as i previously said it is very very sad that with two "attempts" with making a mod manager that they cant do basic functions. the prehistoric FOMMS And OBMM which are betas and not maintained any longer are still much more useful then these two half assed attempts.

Do you understand what an alpha is? By definition, an alpha is expected to work in some subset of cases, nobody should expect it to work for every possible use case. Judging from the posts here (I haven't had a chance to try Vortex for myself yet) it works for some people, which satisfies the requirements for releasing an alpha. If you want some guarantee it will work for you before trying, wait for it to finish alpha and get through beta to an official release before trying it out. Otherwise you have to accept the risk that the developers have not resolved your particular use case yet.

In response to post #57615791. #57619441 is also a reply to the same post.

Dragonetti wrote: Tried it but had to much issues:
Game not recognized Mods not recognized, nameless end no option to install Mods disappearing after installation or not working correctly

I will wait till the Vortex is out of alpha and Beta for now.
Will stick what works, Nexus mod manager maintained via GitHub Current Nexus Mod Manager v0.64.1 by DuskDweller.

Wish the developers of Vortex at nexusmods.com the the best. ;)
Will checking regularly how it going with Vortex.

simsrw73 wrote: What game? Can you give more details and post them in the forum to help the devs and help others who might run in to the same issues. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/forum/4306-vortex-feedback/

The game is Fallout 4. I have reinstalled vortex 2 times and 1 time after reinstalling the complete game fresh and wasted halve a day. uninstalled vortex and NMM( which was unusable after vortex installation) then reinstalled NMM and Fallout 4. No further info then that, so for me its useless to wast a post on on vortex-feedback page(s). To give your developers team totally no information at all. Current setup of Fallout 4 and NMM works.

The above sound harsh, but do not mean it that way. its just the facts. ;)

In response to post #57598231. #57598486, #57598531, #57598606, #57599056, #57624816, #57625461 are all replies on the same post.

avgnfan7800 wrote: Don't release an alpha if it doesnt even work. NMM was a step above alpha and was a monumental piece of garbage, couldnt imagine what the finished version would have been like. and as i previously said it is very very sad that with two "attempts" with making a mod manager that they cant do basic functions. the prehistoric FOMMS And OBMM which are betas and not maintained any longer are still much more useful then these two half assed attempts.
r0ck7y wrote: and still i think you are rude here. if you don't like it you can just simply pass it and you don't even need to say anything. i did try it out and it's working fine with me despite a few bugs that's will be fixed soon. if you can't get it to work with you then i think simply this is your own problem that's all.

Well.... bye.

In response to post #57608766. #57611296, #57622836 are all replies on the same post.

KeltecRFB wrote: Disregard my bug report, I just wasn't patient enough to let the mods to fully register before starting to import in which I was receiving that error. Although, perhaps a condition check should be added stating mods have not been registered yet, please be patient instead of registering a bug report. But then again, this is alpha and the bug report may end with adding that condition check.

I am still importing my game and then I have to do the clean up before testing running the game. So far I like the UI. Those that don't, just admit you don't like change ... LOL

I'll have to test this on TTW see if it can handle large file installation like MO/MO2 can. NMM could not or mostly not and was suggested not to be used with TTW.

I hope more skins are released. Bright is too bright and default is Nexus Look.
haguerepairguy wrote: I had the same problem and had a heart attack until I saw the problem and reloaded them. lol
squaresphere wrote: You can edit the theme to change the colors, fonts, and font size. Just hit the Clone button in settings for the Theme tab. If you know CSS, you can manually edit it more in-depth.

Really curious if Vortex can install mods bigger than 2gb.