Fallout 3 GECK Crashing

darkrider9

Hey all, I just started using Betheda's GECK tutorial, and needless to say, it's super fun.

However I'm at the part where you begin Object Palette Editing, but when I do this, it crashes the GECK.

So I open up the GECK, load my plugin file, select Fallout3.esm, select my plugin (Vault74.esm) and set my plugin as the primary.

Then I select my interior cell, and it pops up in the render window as normal.

Next, I go to World->Object Palette Editing, and load my "RustedMedicalClutter" file from my OPAL folder.

The list of objects then appears, but whenever I click any of them, the GECK crashes.

Anyone know what the problem is? Help would be greatly appeciated.

darkrider9 - Hello!

I've never had that happen in GECK however I have heard of some Vista users having simillar problems.

There's a solution for that here:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Bethsoft_Tutorial_Clutter

"December 20, 2008: Several Vista users have reported bugs regarding the GECK crashing when clicking on items in the object palette list and/or when accessing/editing AI packages. A suggested workaround solution is to disable tablet functionality in Vista when using the GECK. Navigate to "Control Panel" -> "Programs" -> "Programs and Features" -> "Turn Windows features on or off". This last link is found in the left-side pane of the "Programs and Features" window. When the "Windows Features" dialog box appears, unselect "Tablet PC Optional Components", click "OK", and restart Vista. "

If that's no help & you are running Vista or Win7, go to your:

Fallout 3\OPAL

& make sure the:

RustedMedicalClutter.opl

Or any of the other files in there do not have a little padlock on them.

If they do have little padlocks on them, move them out onto your Desktop & back EXACTLY where they came from, that should remove the padlock & allow the files to work properly.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Edited by prensa