Assassinations on the Dragonborn

Dragazhar

I do not know if this has been suggested yet. I went thru many pages and did not see anything so far.. If there is one tho please refer me to it. Anyway..

SPOILER ALERT!!!

You are the dragonborn and you happen to meet assassins on the road from the vanilla game < non modded > that attempt to assassinate you and have a note on them from Astrid. Completing the Dark Brotherhood questline and many afterwards, I never found the person who wanted my death or anything else happened save the random assassination attempts.

Quest mod suggestion .. follow up on it. Suggestions? Thoughts? Like I said.. I have never found any other clues about this at all but.... I've only ever gotten < Main storyline > to searching for the elder scroll and no farther.

I second this request - seemed strange that you could go from being a target to being a member of the Dark Brotherhood and no-one would say "Hey, aren't you a target?" Edited by MarkInMKUK

• 5 months later...

I second this request - seemed strange that you could go from being a target to being a member of the Dark Brotherhood and no-one would say "Hey, aren't you a target?"

that could be explained as the Night Mother manipulating everyone there. I mean it did seem kind of odd that the Night Mother and Astrid would come up with the same "idea" around the same time.

I do not know if this has been suggested yet. I went thru many pages and did not see anything so far.. If there is one tho please refer me to it. Anyway..

SPOILER ALERT!!!

You are the dragonborn and you happen to meet assassins on the road from the vanilla game < non modded > that attempt to assassinate you and have a note on them from Astrid. Completing the Dark Brotherhood questline and many afterwards, I never found the person who wanted my death or anything else happened save the random assassination attempts.

Quest mod suggestion .. follow up on it. Suggestions? Thoughts? Like I said.. I have never found any other clues about this at all but.... I've only ever gotten < Main storyline > to searching for the elder scroll and no farther.

When I first played through this game I found that after I visited Riften the first time an attempt to assassinate me began. I later broke into the Black-Briar house and discovered a room in the basement (if I remember correctly) where the black sacrament was performed. So I thought the problem was the fact that I was 'snooping' around in Riften and Maven Black-Briar doesn't like any outsiders in her town. The reasoning behind this is when you first enter Riften Maul greets you and tells you that Maven Black-Briar has the real power in Riften and not to interfere or 'go snooping around'. Also that she has contacts in the Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood as well as friends in Cyrodil in high places.

Edited by Redbeard007

I was actually thinking abut this too. I was thinking that the DBs could have lines mentioning "I'm glad I wasn't the one to get the contract one you" - since you no doubt slaughtered the assassins that did come for you. Those, and a smallish quest revealing that is was either Sven or Faendal (whichever one you didn't help) in Riverwood would be a pretty good mod ^^ (Which presents a problem if you didn't help either of them, or course.)