Crazy Scaling bandits?

dovakiin0123

Hello Everybody

I'm now playing a level 38 with 100 alteration, and outside Fort Greymoor ,I can almost be taken out(with tripled effect of Ebony Flesh) by one shot from a level 30 archer bandit with Archery 72 or something. I feel this is kinda ridiculous because additionally there are at least 2 or 3 level 30 melee bandits and a mage bandit probably around the same level considering her power and Fire Ball spell.

Totally 6 or 7 bandits overwhelming me and lydia

Two things concerning me are:

1. those bandits are not even named marauder or anything , just bandit!

2. I don't have Dragon Hide spell, but Ebony Flesh is pretty high-end too. 300 Armor With my 240 health, I can't even stand two hits by these bandits, I see no chances of defeating future enemies if this kind of scaling continues to work.

I don't use any mods concerning leveling or scaling. So I wonder if scaling system gets some problems. I also feel the difficulty goes up more rapidly in recent level-ups.

So do you guys experience any crazy scaling enemies? Is my situation normal? I'm considering using cheats codes to get me through this.

Any information is welcome!

Thanks

Are you using by any chance some mod that adds new enemies or new spawns to the game, like wars in skyrim or something similiar, because that sounds exactly like that.

I have these bandits also in my game and i think they are a part of the WIS mod, they are supposed to be challenging as far as i know.

There are also mods that change the damage of bows, WIS has also an optional plugin that changes the damage of bows.

Edited by pavy

Yep we mages have a hard life in vanilla Skyrim...as long as we don't wear heavy or light armor which doesn't really fit to a mage imo...and obviously in yours neither...

If you really don't have a mod which affects scaling I suggest to search nexus for some mods which make it much more satisfying to play as a mage, my favourites are: Be a better mage, Phenderix and Balanced Magic..

You will get alteration spells powerful enough to reach the armor cap and tons of other strong spells...hope this helps you

YES!

I am using War in Skyrim mod.

Your hint, Pavy, has greatly ease me for the frustration of my defeat! Thank you very much!

And soarow, thanks for your reply.

It IS hard life for a mage. I remember at a point when I was at a lower level, I couldn't handle that sabre cat. :ohdear: So I have to use console to re-concentrate my scattered skills to one handed as my attack skill and to alteration and restoration as support skills. That makes me feel quite crappy.

I'll look further into the mods you mentioned.

Playing as somewhat tank class. Never had any trouble with bandits, but then it comes to those strange name Master Vampires or sometimes even Draugr Death Overlords..

They give me a huge headache. No mods, except for Dynavision and Imaginator, playing on master difficulty.

In a different thread there was a discussion related to unusual behavior and overwhelming power of certain no-name NPCs. I'm convinced that, occasionally, the game fails to properly scale/outfit an NPC, even in the vanilla version, because I encounted no-win situations during my first full playthrough with an unmodded game. These started happening somewhere around level 25 or 30, and at that point in the game I had the best gear and magic available to me.

Mods can, obviously, change the entire complexion of the game. I have several installed which make certain encounters much more challenging. Destruction mages are especially problematical for me, and I specialize in destruction magic, myself. I also sometimes get swarmed by packs of wolves -- not two three as in the vanilla game, but a half-dozen or so. I actually enjoy sometimes having to choose to avoid some fights. It makes the game more interesting and challenging.

"He who fights and runs away will live to fight another day." (paraphrase of Demosthenes, 338 B.C.)

Also keep in mind that your craft skills reduce your relative fighting power compared to your level. Level nothing but combat skills and you'll be a beast - get that Smithing up to 80 by the time you're level 20 and you'll be a good 5-10 levels weaker than a pure combat monster. You start leveling alchemy/smithing/enchantment along with it and suddenly you HAVE to twink the bjesus out of your gear just to keep up.

I find 20-30 to be the worst when I'm trying to have a warrior/smith sort of character. You'll run into some Falmer archer or bandit mage who is just a stone cold b*tch to to defeat or even just a small group of 2 or 3 bandits or drauger who repeatedly take you out back and beat you like you owe them money. When I get over 30 though suddenly it evens out again. You start pushing level 40 and you are, reasonably enough given that you're a level 40 Dragonborn world-saving, dragon-killing, war-winning death machine, able to mod up the floor with pretty much everyone and everything. I consider that GOOD balancing not bad. Nothing irks me like being the biggest, baddest, most powerful character in the game and you still get mugged by fur-wearing bandits.

Also keep in mind that your craft skills reduce your relative fighting power compared to your level. Level nothing but combat skills and you'll be a beast - get that Smithing up to 80 by the time you're level 20 and you'll be a good 5-10 levels weaker than a pure combat monster. You start leveling alchemy/smithing/enchantment along with it and suddenly you HAVE to twink the bjesus out of your gear just to keep up.

I find 20-30 to be the worst when I'm trying to have a warrior/smith sort of character. You'll run into some Falmer archer or bandit mage who is just a stone cold b*tch to to defeat or even just a small group of 2 or 3 bandits or drauger who repeatedly take you out back and beat you like you owe them money. When I get over 30 though suddenly it evens out again. You start pushing level 40 and you are, reasonably enough given that you're a level 40 Dragonborn world-saving, dragon-killing, war-winning death machine, able to mod up the floor with pretty much everyone and everything. I consider that GOOD balancing not bad. Nothing irks me like being the biggest, baddest, most powerful character in the game and you still get mugged by fur-wearing bandits.

STONE COLD B*TCH

pretty much the best description for the Falmer I've ever heard

Edited by frakle