Creation Companion Help Please.

Vexx234

I followed this tutorial and youtube, and I did everything right but can't quite figure out my problem. The problem is when I press E to talk no dialogue shows, nothing pop ups and i can't interact with the companion at all. In CK the quest is attached to my companion so it must be something within the quest itself not working and yet I can't figure it out. If anyone can take a look or help, I would very much appreciate it.

I don't have the time now, to look deeper into your file but if Nik's tip not helps, you have probably make something like that wrong/or forget to do that:

-Check if every script is attached right, most notably the scripts that point to your companion alias (in the quests-scripts, but in some cases also in the scripts that are attached on your npc).

-Check if you have really add every necessary script and set every necessary checkmark and so on. I don't know how many time I have wasted to just search the *pieeeeeep* checkmark I have sometimes forgotten for a feature of my follower.

-Go sure that you have really made all necessary quests. I know, that one sounds obviously, but to make a follower in f4 includes mostly many quests. I mean, the standard F4 follower starts already with 3 just to give them some basic features.

Great tips! Something else I just remembered to suggest is to be absolutely sure your companion quest is actually starting. As in, you launch the game, go into the terminal, and look at getstage for your quest to be sure it's actually firing in the first place. If the quest isn't even starting, in my experience, that's almost always been an issue with an alias on that quest not being filled correctly.