Video Stuttering

Just wondering if this is bothering anyone else with a similar OS. No issue on my old pc but win 7 x64 kinda giving me random video stuttering, sometimes occuring when other applications are loading in the background. Using media player class for most of my video playback with latest codec and graphic drivers. Not keen on switching video players but checking if anyone avoided this issue by using some other players or if anyone found a solution.

What are your PC specs?

Are you on intel?

If the answer is yes and your CPU has an onboard GPU, make sure it is not rendering the video through it, and instead is using a discreet video card.

Most people have no problem with intel GPU's but sometimes they act up.

Its a new pc with decent hardware, unless I got sold inferior hardware. I got an AMD Radeon card, no onboard GPU and decent Memory and specs. I read about similar experiences with Win7 users but not come across any working solutions.

Can you tell me specifically what card, and what RAM? Which CPU? These are things we need to know if we are going to be able to accurately help you.

Intel i7-2600 3.4GHz x64, 8GB, Radeon HD6450 1GB, Win 7 Home.

You do have an onboard GPU. It is in the CPU. I highly doubt it, but check the bios to see if the integrated GPU is working or not then disable it if it is. This way, the discrete card get all of the video chores. I have a hard time believing that the computer hasn't already been set up to use the discrete card but it is possible.

The other possibility is that your current discrete card can't keep up with the CPU. Even without overclocking, that i7 is very fast.

No onboard GPU, no additional display adapter listed in device manager, no related options in bios setup. I have no idea if GPU not keeping up with CPU, if it can be an issue, any advise on that end? Edited by sendo75

The onboard GPU in i5-2xxx and i7-2xxx is quite good at video decoding. It's not as good as UVD you get in AMD cards and their APU, but it was designed to have no problems playing back 1080p video. And the CPU itself can do so with ease as well.

I would suggest the following:

1. Uninstall all the codecs, uninstall MPC as well.

2. Install CCCP - http://www.cccp-project.net/. It uses MPC-HC as its player anyway.

3. Make it reset all settings.

4. In "Options", make sure your output is set as VMR-9 (renderless) or even just Overlay.

So this onboard GPU handles video decoding and lets my Radeon card display the output? How can I access this onboard GPU? Because I don't see it in device manager or bios setup.

I have just reinstalled K-lite codec pack which includes MPC-HC, is CCCP similar or better? I am trying this AMD Overdrive with default option along with MPC-HC, madVR for now, still observing. Thanks for the input though, will try it if this fails.