"Have you seen a Healer?"

tnu

yes but they litteraly say go screw ya self I aint healin ya, if your infamy is higher than ya fame, thats why this sound brilliant

Why would a healer have any different stance on the issue? And there are healing spells and other things which you can still use.

Long story short, this game isn't designed around a player who just runs around killing, stealing, and whatnot. This is evidenced by the lack of non-important NPCs, clutter being nearly worthless, and not respawning, and the DB missions centered around a sort of "kill nobody else but who we have decided you can kill" kinda mentallity.

You really can't expect a thief and a murderer to get the same sort of benefits as a hero. If you have healing spells, or some knowledge of alchemy, you can usually restore all you need to by visiting an alyied well, fighting in the arena, or running through an oblivion gate. The later two, earning you some fame in the process. Or if you're gona cheat, you could use http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/SetPCFame and http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/SetPCInfamy.

well like i said the healer's arnt as all knoing as the gods. they may not know if your reputation. . at any rate there are already mods that remove Essential NPC's and price clutter

well like i said the healer's arnt as all knoing as the gods. they may not know if your reputation. . at any rate there are already mods that remove Essential NPC's and price clutter

If merchants and NPCs are less friendly toward you because of infamy, it's not some big secret. If you go around slaughtering a town, you can bet the rest of the region would know about it.

You misunderstand the thing with NPCs, making them essential doesn't solve the whole "shouldn't kill them" thing, it just lets people kill them over and over again. Removing the essential flag just makes the underlying issue (a 5 minute altercation with the town guard can lead to a shop being stuck closed kinda thing) more of an occurance, as well as leaving the chance of having broken quests everywhere.

Oblivion is just not designed to handle any sort of GTA style rampages. Many of those mentioned are there to actually reduce the frequency of them happening as the player gets almost nothing from the act, and ends up ruining part of the game in the process. If there were towns full of disposible NPCs, and nothing you did could in any way have a lasting effect on the game, it would be a different issue.

yes but who goes around slicing up the nearest town (bar hackdirt)?.

Sure Infamy makes people hate you, but money is every NPC's heart and that what gets you information on "Hits" for the DB and where you find the "Loot" in thieves guild.

Yet a healer for the robin hood kind of people (steal and give cash to the poor) have a more noble act as they help the poor yet they don't get fame, because they have to steal from the rich.

Back on topic I don't think just dismissing this is an easy thing to do as it is a great idea IF you put new huts along the road open 24/7 no one owns it (abit like the shack in Imp City water front) so theres a bed for you too sleep and a bed for the healer NPC but to make it a bit less of a cheat put no map markers for them but near (but not too close) things that have map markers

@ Vagrant0: You say the villain doesnt get the benefits of a hero, AKA if infamy is more then fame people dont help you, right?

So there is noone caring about the villains? a mafia boss like Kingpin in Marvel Comics (The enemy of Spider Man and Daredevil) or doesnt villains have some kind of sanctuary? Or to be more precise, are all villains are chaotic evil? There is no organized crime over cyrodill? are all villains are independent individuals who work alone? Commit a crime and try to run away?

So does the game force you to be good? I heard something like this before but I am not sure... So if you try to play an evil game youre all alone or something?

In fact I would love to see a mod that adds a crime syndicate because AFAIK there are no evil factions you can join by default, there are necromancers, blackwood company, DB and??? I saw a mod that you can join BWC... But I would love to see a crime syndicate or makes you build up a crime syndicate, I dont know maybe recruit some thugs to force merchants to pay protection money, of course you couldnt do it in IC the guards would run you down, you could start in anvil, or some other city... Then grow a little more and start thievery around cities and grow more and become a crime boss like Kingpin... I wish I would do mods I would like to start this project...

Archived