Why am i SO BORED with this game?

insatiablelust

I don't know what gives... i spend a lot of time adding mods, and making them all work well together.

Then i hop into skyrim, and yaaaaawn. I don't get it...I LOVED oblivion, i played that game for like 2 months straight, if not more.

I'm trying to relive my teenage childhood years, but it isn't working with skyrim. Have my tastes changed so much? I just feel like the gearing system seems flawed.

I don't like the crafting thing. Did it even exist in oblivion? I remember alchemy, but i honestly don't remember smithing.

I feel like smithing has ruined the point of the elder scrolls, wanderign around and gearing yourself up.

I want a mod that removes smithin as a gameplay mechanic =/, while now still having ways of getting the good stuff without it. I mean if you can get everything with smithing, whats the damn point of dungeon crawling grrrrrrrrrr

and the quests dont seem quite interesting enough to make up for it

its not the same, there isn't even an arena

In prep for this game, i spend like 1.5 k for a great large monitor, surround speakers, and a beast pc of beastlyness....

but meh, i did it all for skyrim

yet its not consuming me the way i thought it would

I keep wishing diablo 3 would come out. Now there is a game that has the craftign system set up rigt. Sure crafting is important, but its better to just go out and kill stuff. not the other way.. =/

i just wana kill stuff

the f*** is up with gaming these days anyway? torchlight 2 coming AFTER diablo 3?

AHAHAHHAHAHAHA GOOOOOD LUCK TORCHLIGHT LOOL

Edited by insatiablelust

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But yeah i know how you feel i was playing oblivion NON-STOP when it came out on the 360.

(One of my favorite games ever)

But when Skyrim came out i played it for about 2 weeks and then didn't touch it for a month.

It was probably because of the slow down on ps3.

Now, I'm trying to get back into it and there are even more glitches after the patch then before the patch.

I don't know... I lost interest in the main story quite quickly, (I'm trying to pass it now but that damn water glitch is just awful)

Whereas I felt compelled to complete the main quest in Oblivion.

Oh well. :mellow:

"I played Oblivion more." Well there you have it. How long can you play the same game before you get bored? Let's face it, Skyrim is Oblivion with improved graphics, crafting and a simplified leveling up system. With a team of skilled modders, you could turn Oblivion into Skyrim. So in reality most of us played Oblivionrim for quite a while now. Edited by PsxMeUP

"I played Oblivion more." Well there you have it. How long can you play the same game before you get bored? Let's face it, Skyrim is Oblivion with improved graphics, crafting and a simplified leveling up system. With a team of skilled modders, you could turn Oblivion into Skyrim. So in reality most of us played Oblivionrim for quite a while now.

Exactly how i feel about this, i think thats the reason why i cant start to play skyrim seriously, i restarted my character like 30 times now, for some reason the only thing that makes me fired up is starting a new character, but as soon as i get to certain level and start to do certain quests im again back where i was, bored...for me the improvement from oblivion to skyrim is minimal and in many ways not an improvement at all and even putting hundreds of good mods in, didnt changed my feel about it at all...the core of the game is pure uncreative shallowness.

But thats just my opinion.

Edited by pavy

I play one dungeon or fortress per day,just after my daily Company of heroes , vire river, on line fight, so I never get bored. After so many years playing dozens of games nothing seems to please us. But its our fault. Edited by totalwarman

Because of how dumbed down Skyrim is compared to its predecessors. Its a joke really. The pre release PR itself was hilarious. With every one thing they said they added, they announced how they cut three things, until we got Dark Messiah meets Grand Theft Auto, as opposed to an actual ES game.