[LE] New Voice Type and Generic Dialogues

Skybroom

HaaGO35.jpg

New voice type is MaleYoungEagerRus. I add the GetIsVoiceType condition, set it to "or". There's still no new voice type in Edit Responce window.

I am trying to make an NPC speak Russian. I have all the neccessary voice files.

If you are just trying to give one NPC new dialogue you should not be concerned with other voicetypes just the new one. I presume for some reason you don't want to create a new dialogue quest for your NPC which is why you are playing around in the GenericDialoge quest in which case you copy the line you want in that quest and change the conditions to just your new voice type.

You would need to do this anyway for the CK to allocate a new filename to the copied line which will be the name for your new voicefile in your mods directory in Data\Sound\Voice.

Thank you. Yes, I'd rather not create new quests, I'm afraid it'd be very tedious.

New filename - this is the second thing I've been trying to avoid. All vanilla voice types use the same file names for generic dialogues - they are easy to replace.

Edited by Skybroom

• 3 weeks later...

Great! I don't even know where to start! It was a piece of cake in my vision before I delved into these quests. What is default dialogue, which could be checked on/off? I actually have an idea of what it is, but I have no idea of where could I find all these branches, and how to reconstruct the "copy" of all the default dialogues for vanillaesque voice type, like MaleYoungEagerRus I have an intention to impliment into game. I've read through the tuts on this matter. Thanks, I give up.

Ok.

I've creaated new voice type "MaleYoungEagerRus".

I opened up "DialogueGeneric" > Misc > "Time to Go" topic.

I copied the "I don't think you belong here", and changed conditions to GetIsVoiceType.

The isn't on the list of voice types in the Edit Response window :mad:

He0t2fY.jpg

What should I do to see it there?

That's an issue with ck, sometimes it refuses to update the input. In the Topic Info Window on the top right is a pulldown menu "Speaker". Choose your voice type here and it will be shown in Response Window.

Edited by Tasheni

Thank you for your reply. But it looks like there are NPC names in there, in the list of "Speaker", but no voice types.

Moreover, I added NPC (with New Voice Type appointed to him), and checked him as a Speaker - no sucess, as you can see:

He8kcnW.jpg

There must be something else :confused:

I have not tried putting two voice types in the conditions before one of which is a custom one, in this case MaleYoungEagerRus and whatever TestActor is. Just tried it and I get the same blank Edit Response which kind of makes sense because only one voice file can be referred to by the Edit Response window.

You need to do this a different way.