FO4 Creation Kit problem

SteelRat1962

Hello All,

I've modded my game quite a bit via the CK, mostly adding bilboards signs, etc. I created my own ESP so the main ESM wasn't affected.

I was looking for some lettering to place in the CK, and found it in the DLCWorkshop01 esm. I found the letters and added a few as a test. Well, now I can't properly load my custom esp, none of the changes I've made over the last year are loading now. And my custom esp now shows two masters when I select it, fallout4.esm and dlcworkshop01.esm.

Ok, I figured if I got rid of those items I placed, maybe it would start working properly again. Nope.

Any idea how to revert this?

Thanks!

What is the problem you get? Do you get a CTD or just nothing loads ..or the CK tells you something? I suspect that your problem might be multiple masters. In this case you need to edit CreationKitCustom.ini in Fallout 4 folder . Find there [General] line and right under the line add this : bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Edited by kitcat81

What he said.

Assuming you didn't attempt to add the new records directly into the ESM (that would be bad), the best way I know of to revert it in the ESP is to delete the records using FO4Edit. Then do a "Clean Masters". FO4Edit will rebuild the ESP's master records to include only the ones directly needed by the ESP.

What is the problem you get? Do you get a CTD or just nothing loads ..or the CK tells you something? I suspect that your problem might be multiple masters. In this case you need to edit CreationKitCustom.ini in Fallout 4 folder . Find there [General] line and right under the line add this : bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

The problem I get is that the creation kit loads, but my custom esp isn't loading, even though it's selected and set as active file.

There is no CreationKitCustom.ini in my fallout4 folder, only CreationKit.ini and CreationKitPrefs.ini

in the ck.ini I added the following I got from another thread.

bLoadMultipleMasterFiles=1
bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1
bAllowMultipleEditors=1
In the screen where I select the master and active files, when I select my custom esp, it shows, as I mentioned before, fallout4.esm and dlcworkshop01.esm as the masters. So, dlcworkshop01.esm gets selected automatically when I try to load fo4.esm and my custom esp.

What he said.

Assuming you didn't attempt to add the new records directly into the ESM (that would be bad), the best way I know of to revert it in the ESP is to delete the records using FO4Edit. Then do a "Clean Masters". FO4Edit will rebuild the ESP's master records to include only the ones directly needed by the ESP.

Not sure I understand. Which records do I need to delete and from where. I don't think I modified the esm, but things were kind of wonky so I don't really know.