[LE] Forcegreet Dialogue Will Not Continue After First Dialogue.

ThatGuyYeah

I REALLY hate Forcegreets. Never met anything so infuriating.

Now, for those who helped me with my previous problem with firing a forcegreet without the need of a scene (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6266696-putting-this-to-bed-once-and-for-all-forcegreets-through-ai-packing-via-quest-stages/) I thank you as it helped resolve one problem, but it started a whole new issue for me.

My current issue is that I am trying to do a forcegreet through an alias package and having the dialogue branch continue beyond the first dialogue. Doesn't matter if I do an invisible continue to the second topic or have the player pick the dialogue topic, the dialogue ends after the first topic (the topic that is fired with the forcegreet).

Let's pretend I am not an idiot and I am linking the dialogues topic together properly. I also regenerated the SEQ files. I have tried doing the priority issue that I dealt with previously and it still won't work. For whatever reason, the dialogue will not continue beyond the first dialogue. It also won't work for scenes either.

Each forcegreet is controlled by its own quest and stages.

And to add to the weirdness of my dilemma, I do have one forcegreet that triggers at a location (via trigger box) and that works without a problem. It will continue to the second topic and there is no issue.

But for some reason, doing this dynamically, I can get the forcegreet to trigger but I can't the get second dialogue to fire after the first forcegreet dialogue happens. Meaning if I have a dialogue branch like this:

Topic 1 (Forcegreet) -Link-> Topic 2 -Link-> Topic 3

This happens instead:

Topic 1 (Forcegreet) -Dialogue End -> Branch Ends

If I click on the NPC, the dialogue topic is there and I can branch normally.

At this point, I have no idea what is going on, so I am asking for help on this one as it is really holding my mod up. Thank you.

Edited by ThatGuyYeah

Is the branch with the force greet dialogue a blocking topic branch? I tried that, too and experienced most of the time that the dialogue was cutted off. Found no solution. I changed all my blocking topics to normal topics and let the player talk first.

If it's a normal branch then make sure the checkbox Goodbye in the dialogue topic is unchecked. Delete all conditions of topic two and three with the exception of GetIsId. Try again.

For better help please describe your setup more detailed.

A thought just crossed my mind...

It might be a clunky workaround, but what would happen if you triggered a cinematic so short (say 1 second) that it had little relevant effect and then used that to initiate the forcegreet? If you need actual cinematic content, it could just show Serana's expression change or her looking towards you or something.

Maybe this is completely unfeasible for what you're planning, and as I said it may well be a pretty inelegant solution even if it does work, but I figured I'd suggest it on the off chance it's your best option here.

I looked at the link, but its hard to say without looking at it myself:

10 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

ThatGuyYeah is trying his damnedest to sort out a Forcegreet issue which is holding up his Overhaul of Serana's Dialogue and relation mod. Just figured I'd crosspost and ask here just in case one of you might have some experience with this.

You can see the details here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6426396-forcegreet-dialogue-will-not-continue-after-first-dialogue/&do=findComment&comment=57898326

In the package conditions, is the get stage condition set right to move the dialog quest forward?

Is the "must complete " box checked under the "flags" tab of the package?

What about the conditions in the dialog, Values set properly? Set stage set?

Are you using the "invisible continue box" or the "link to" box below it to link to the forced greet quest?

Is the "goodbye box" checked in the dialog box?

Also, to troubleshoot, have you tried taking the quest that is working, duplicating it, and linking it to the one you are having issues with, crossing the forcegreet packages, and quest, it might help narrow it down

just for the record, I am not talking to you like its something you might no have already checked, just things I can think of off the top of my head

Edited by PsykotikKrymes

Thanks for the replies, I will do a more detailed answer to it tomorrow but I wanted to reply to one person.

I looked at the link, but its hard to say without looking at it myself:

10 hours ago, SmedleyDButler said:

ThatGuyYeah is trying his damnedest to sort out a Forcegreet issue which is holding up his Overhaul of Serana's Dialogue and relation mod. Just figured I'd crosspost and ask here just in case one of you might have some experience with this.

You can see the details here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6426396-forcegreet-dialogue-will-not-continue-after-first-dialogue/&do=findComment&comment=57898326

In the package conditions, is the get stage condition set right to move the dialog quest forward?

Is the "must complete " box checked under the "flags" tab of the package?

What about the conditions in the dialog, Values set properly? Set stage set?

Are you using the "invisible continue box" or the "link to" box below it to link to the forced greet quest?

Is the "goodbye box" checked in the dialog box?

Also, to troubleshoot, have you tried taking the quest that is working, duplicating it, and linking it to the one you are having issues with, crossing the forcegreet packages, and quest, it might help narrow it down

just for the record, I am not talking to you like its something you might no have already checked, just things I can think of off the top of my head

I did click and unclick must complete and ran the game and still the same issue on either choice.

The goodbye box is only checked in the last topic.

I only set a stage in the first topic, to prevent bleedover.

I ran an experiment using link to and invisible continue on two different forcegreets and still the same issue.

The last part I did not do but I will do when I get home tonight.

Lastly, I appreciate any help and I just said the let's assume I am not an idiot because I just wanted to skip the whole 'turning it off and on again' procedure as I already have done it.

@Tasheni - I will give you a more detailed response tomorrow as I wanted to fire at this reply as it was easier to write.

But I have a theory as to why that one forcegreet is working and the others are not. I will do this when I get home tonight.

Edited by ThatGuyYeah

That might sound funny, but do you actually have fuz files for your dialogue? It's not reliable to make any judgment without those, because skyrim's engine... well, lets just say it can omit lines if they're unvoiced. This happened to the number of people.

Here's the weird thing, when I was making the audio and doing the testing, they are not fuzzed, yet

But when I prep a mod for release, they are 're-fuzzed' for space saving purposes.

Here's the kicker, the forcegreet that is tied to a trigger box is working with the fuz file as I released it with Version 0.5RBeta of the mod.

It's an interesting theory and something I should look out for in the future, but I don't think that is it.

Edited by ThatGuyYeah

So, I think I solved it and to not torture some future person that will run into this situation, I am going to explain it.

My theory turned out to be true in that the forcegreet package needs to really be triggered through some EVENT to work properly. You can trigger it with a variable method, which is what I was doing. But for some reason, the package DOES NOT LIKE this and will break off after the first topic.

My solution is simple, once my variable reaches a certain value, I register for a single update (about 10 seconds), it will fire off the EVENT trigger OnUpdate and the forcegreet will trigger as is and the dialogue will continue to the next topic.

Taking what Psy said last, I moved the topic from the working FG to the non-working one to see if that made a difference and it worked as is as well. That fueled my speculation that it does not like non-event triggers.

I am going to run some testing this weekend and give a better update/100% confirm it, but that's pretty much it. The forcegreet must have some EVENT trigger. If you want to do it dynamically (without trigger box at a location), just do a register for single update for a few seconds.

Here's the list of events you can use: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Category:Events

Edited by ThatGuyYeah

So wait... I was actually kind-of sort-of partially right without knowing a damn thing about the underlying code?!

xD

From your post, I assumed you were talking about scenes from that cinematic word, which ran into the same problem as I was doing it via the non-EVENT method.

Edited by ThatGuyYeah