street light / machine sounds

Dantheman480bc

How hard would it be to add the lighting effect to an object instead of placing the lighting effect near it? What i want to have is street lights that i can use in Real Time Settler, currently when i make a blueprint of a street light and place it I get the street light minus the light effect. So I built two ladders and stacked them together and climbed to the top and disabled a working street light from this street light mod and found that it has a effect that I cant make a blueprint of or move using Feng shui. I am also using place-able light mod but it does not have a street light light. Any help would be appreciated. One more question how hard would it be to also add a sound effect to an object that in game has a sound effect near it.

When i try ed to blueprint some machinery only one kept its sound when i placed a copy of it in the game the others lost their sound.

Edited by Dantheman480bc

The first would require that each of the items be scripted in some way to allow them to spawn a light object (invisible marker that is a light source). As the placeable lights mod shows, it's not impossible, but requires extra work.

For the sound thing again, it would need to be a scripted activator object (object type, doesn't have to do anything) that creates a sound object (another fun invisible marker) at its location.

Annoyingly they didn't include the ability for static objects to emit sound until FNV.

I know this isn't overly helpful in solving the problem, just explaining why it hasn't been done.