Warhammer Mod

Stormrage

Okay, here is the deal.

A few days ago Jetrel proposed a Warhammer mod, and left it at that. I for one am willing tot take it a step further.

I know some people that could be up to the task, but most of them are not familiar with the Editor, some may not even be familiar with Oblivion.

Their areas of expertise vary from modeling, animating (mostly in programs like Poser and Bryce), sound editing, knowing alot about Warhammer and some are just so darn smart, they might handle scripting.. The level of their commitment is still in question tho, I am also just chatting with them about this.

What I would like to know is how would the community respond to this? I noticed hardly any mention of Warhammer on various modding forums.

Is there a general interest of the players? And is there a general interest of modders themselves? This is not recruiting, people, we are just discussing. If for instance Waalx says hey, this is cool, I will not rush to him with a gazillion requests for creatures and swords.

But if this takes of the ground, we WILL need help and support.

The mod itself would be a Total Conversion set in Lustria, thus allowing some artistic freedom and belive it or not, realism. One of my mates suggested things like Colleges of Magic, which are located in Altdorf, and recreating Altdorf as one of Oblivion size cities is just laughable. Making it huge would impact low level machines, and I do not want to do that, I was a proud owner of one untill recently. Setting it in Lustria it allows mysterious Ruins, Oblivion-size cities for Colonists, pirates, Lizardmen and pretty much every race. One other reason why lustria appeals to me is the Landscape. Tamriel is.. boring. The Empire (and it would be silly placing a WH mod in the Old World anywhere else) is.. boring.

In Lustira we can have Swamps, Forrests, Jungles, Plains, Volcanos, Mountains, you name it. Just look at South America..

Archived