seeing all the mods 4-5 times is annoying or?

sirwho

Veltos, yes it is, depending where you comme from. I am from Canada, you could understand?

Optional is the best way for translation mod, not only Nexus will save on space, It is also saving time on searching process for user.

I'm quite annoyed that you have to scroll through a ton of "XY-Mod XYLanguage-Version" while browsing new mods.

Would be awesome if uploaders could tag a mod as "Translation-Mod" and those wouldnt appear in the "new Mods" section.

Edited by Caladyiel

Translation mods should not be in the new mod category because they are not new mods. Or limit the amount of new mods someone can upload in one day. right now there are 11 Czech translations in a row. If that was the work of several days then they should upload when each one was completed rather than mass uploads. If they translated all those in one day then the same upload when finished should apply so its not a block of translated mods.

If the Nexus is going to support any language then it needs to have a profile setting and that setting for files. setting would be additional language in the profile so you would get English mods and mods that are in another language, you wont see any mod that is another language unless you have it checked as an additional. When uploading have a language selection, English default but could be changed to say Czech or Spanish. once it is changed then it will only show up for those who made that setting in the profile page.

I was careful to express that I have nothing against the mods being uploaded and certainly think they SHOULD be made available to whoever wants them. But look at the people who translate the mods. It is usually 1-2 people who are translating the mods for any 1 language. So it would be quite simple for them to create ONE mod called "Czech mod Translations" and simply add all of their translated mods to it as separate downloads. This would be cleaner and easier for Czech speaking gamers to find AND would not show up as a new mod everytime a new translation is made and uploaded. This is really all I was asking for.

Anyways I see this starting now and becoming more and more popular (and why shouldn't it?) so in the long run I think it is probably a wise choice for the Nexus to add sub-categories or something similar for the translations as many people here have suggested.