ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Aela's Mouth isn't moving?

xEspada

Well simply stating in the title. Aela's mouth doesn 't move anymore and this happened after I finished the quest where you become a werewolf and you see Aela in her werewolf form. After that her mouth stopped moving when I talk to her?

Anyway to fix this?

Well this only happened after she turned into a werewolf for the first time. I never installed or deleted any files before or after that.

Edit

I've confirmed that it only started after she became a werewolf (where you become a werewolf). I loaded an earlier game and the mouth is moving but the saves after do not move.

Edited by xEspada

• 10 months later...

I don't know what causes this but it happens when you change Aela's appearance. I haven't found a fix for this after it happens, but there's a way to avoid it if you start a new game or resort to a previous save. The way to fix it is to give Aela her default appearance right before she goes into the Underforge and turns into a warewolf. You can go back to whatever appearance you want her to have after you finish the first Silver Hand mission where she is your follower.

I created a mod with the CK for my personal use, but anyone can do it. All you have to do is open the CK, load Skyrim.esm and don't select anything for the Active file. After everything loads up, find Aela in the Actors category, and double click on her selection. This will pull up another window. Just click OK at the bottom but DO NOT make any changes. You will see an asterisk next to her name when finished. Save the file...name it whatever you want. I named mine...Aela's Face Fix. Close when done and make sure it's loaded at the bottom of the load order.

All this does is tell the game to override whatever mod changes Aela's appearance to back to the vanilla version. When you finish the first mission with her, you can remove it from your load list. She will go back to her previous modded appearance, but now she moves her mouth.

If you need detailed instructions on how to use the CK, there's lots of tutorials on here.