Pre War Mod

Georgeoforce

Today I was thinking and I thought, why doesn't a mod team (Because I understand this would be a huge project) create a Fallout 3 Pre-War mod, where the character lives the life of a person who has access to a vault when the bombs land, and can live in the vault and eventually venture outside into a completely different world. As the bombs would have fell only about 20 years before you leave the vault, houses and vehicles would be much easier repaired. The Enclave could be sending their first troops to survey the damage and eliminate anyone who stood in their way. The world would be in chaos; vertibirds flying in every direction, houses still burning. People feeling the first effect of turning into ghouls.

Just a thought anyway, probably not possible anyway but I just wanted to see what you guys and girls thought about it.

• 2 weeks later...
this could be seen as an alternative start type mod...seems pretty nice of an idea most definitely. like you'd live with your father and as you hear about the bombs coming down you and him are forced to escape for your lives or something......and in the process you lose your memories or something so like the CHILD stage of the beginning of the game would be the escape and the escaping from the vault would happen by pure happenstance due to circumstances beyond your control like it being attacked from the inside by the enclave or maybe your father feared another bombing would potentially destroy the vault you now live in so he escapes to get away from the potential danger and so you choose to follow after he leaves to join him. it definitely seem like a mod that could have some nice potential to add immersion into the main story line.