Skyrim patch 1.5 causes MASSIVE smithing bugs. Am I the only one effec

Mud Crab Carl

Alright, this is weird - see what you make of it, nexusfolk.

I just returned from a short vacation and decided to make a new character. I've been playing as her for the better half of the morning and gotten her to level three from just bumming around and blasting people with spells, and it's been enjoyable.

Unbeknownst to me, a patch was released while I was gone, so when I went to smith some small things for her... I encountered a very game breaking bug.

Her smithing skill is 15, but when I make anything it jumps up to 30... then to 42, then to 60 or something and so on. It doesn't end there, either. Every time I smith something I seem to gain two or more levels! I went up to level seven in a confused state, asking myself what the hell was happening as I kept ticking the box for MAGICKA, HEALTH and STAMINA. I assumed it must have been some Steam Workshop mod that updated while I was gone, so I unsubscribed the most recent one in experimentation... and the next one. and the next one. It took me forever to figure out it wasn't any of my mods and that there must be a patch related issue - Google showed me that there was indeed.

The character is not ready for those higher levels yet, what with her low level and small spell reserve, so this is extremely unfortunate for me...

I've looked around to see if anyone else was having the problem, and it looks like there are a few.

Who else is having to put up with this? :/

EDIT> oh, there's already a topic for this...

oof. My bad.

Edited by Mud Crab Carl