Help with Normal and Specular map !

Hello ! So i've been trying to put my own custom mesh into fallout and everything so far went great, except for the texture part. I don't know why, but my Normal and Specular map wont show up on my model, even in NifSkope. They are _d.dds and _s.dds files that I converted on photoshop with the following settings: BC5 and auto bit map gen. I did modify the path of my BGSM file, and it still doesn't work (My diffuse is good tho). I need help ! :)

Hello ! So i've been trying to put my own custom mesh into fallout and everything so far went great, except for the texture part. I don't know why, but my Normal and Specular map wont show up on my model, even in NifSkope. They are _d.dds and _s.dds files that I converted on photoshop with the following settings: BC5 and auto bit map gen. I did modify the path of my BGSM file, and it still doesn't work (My diffuse is good tho). I need help ! :smile:

Hi! I suspect that it was just a typo but just in case..they should be like this :

diffusse = SomeName_d.dds

normal = SomeName _n.dds

specular = SomeName_s.dds

Not sure what plugin you use to convert , but there is no BC5 option in the Intel plugin so it must be something else. I guess that BC5 is the same as DXT 5, am I right? If you use Nvidia plugin, you need to select 3Dc (3Dc XY normal map) compression. Other plugins can have the option too.

Edited by kitcat81