Dialogue camera ini tweaks

shatsnazzle

Hello all, a couple of these tweaks are floating around throughout the web and are well known but a couple I have not seen yet. Figured I'd share here and see if you guys and girls have any other gems floating around your ini files.

I don't know if it's necessary but I added these lines (including the [Dialogue] ) to all 3 ini files and they worked:

Users\NAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4Prefs.ini
Users\NAME\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4.ini
SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Fallout4\Fallout4Prefs.ini

[Dialogue]
bUseDialogueCursor=0
fDialogueCameraMouseMoveExit=40
fDialogueCameraPlayerControlsDelay=0
fDialogueCameraPlayerControlsTimer=0
fDialogueRotationPitchOffset=0

bUseDialogueCursor=0

This one is well known and makes it so you no longer move your camera sluggishly when looking at an NPC in dialogue. The mouse cursor is disabled during dialogue. You now use your keyboard 1, 2, 3, and 4 to choose a response from top to bottom left to right just like the order in which you read something. (1 top, 2 left, 3 right, 4 bottom)

fDialogueCameraMouseMoveExit=40

Also a known tweak, the higher the number, the more you have to drag your mouse to exit the dialogue camera. I use a very low sensitivity so this number may need to be changed based on your preference.

These next 3 I jut found messing around:

fDialogueCameraPlayerControlsDelay=0
fDialogueCameraPlayerControlsTimer=0

These two values both seem to be the time in seconds before you are able to use WASD to exit the dialogue camera. They seem to be additive. With both at 0 you can WASD out of the dialogue camera almost immediately.

fDialogueRotationPitchOffset=0

If an NPC approaches you with dialogue your camera will tilt down a little bit. This disables that.

I was really hoping to find some ini settings that would also enable me to use the mouse to shoot someone directly during dialogue. I know I can just look away from a dialogue NPC, look back at them quickly and start firing before the dialogue starts back up but that's a poop workaround not a fix.

I was also hoping to disable the effect where NPCs approach you and your camera gets automatically drawn to them. I assumed one of the "Magnetism" effects dealt with this but had no luck.

Anyone got any good ones?

Here are some more tweaks I found somewhere with dialogue in the name that I either did not test or could not figure out what they do:

Also you don't need to exit your game to change ini settings. Just alt tab, change it save it, go back in game and type refreshini in console.

[Dialogue]
bDialogueCaemraPlayerShootCameras (yes I know camera is misspelled here but I figured I'd just leave it as I found it on google verbatim)
fDialogueCameraOffscreenSpring
fDialogueCameraOffscreenBorder
fDialogueMagnetismFalloffBorder
fDialogueMagnetismInputMovementLimit
fDialogueMagnetismInputRotationLimit

[uncategorized]
fGameOutofDialogueCameraMenuTimer
fGameOutofDialogueMenuTimer
fPlayerDialogueGunDownAimConeAngle
fReFocusOnDialogueActor

Edited by shatsnazzle