[WIP] Hagraven Variations

TheWormpie

Thanks for your kind words, and thanks for the suggestions :D I've had a little break from modding, but I'm probably going back to finish this project soon enough.

I'm done with the Handmaid, and an ancient nordic hagraven variation is almost finished. I don't know how many more I'll do from there, but it's definitely my ambition to create common hagraven variations with different skin colors, hair colors and also a few different weights and hair styles.

I really don't know how to use MCM and would rather not have people be dependant on downloading it to use my mod, but I'm trying to be as lore-friendly as possible with all my variations.

• 10 months later...

I haven't modded for quite some time, and I had a minor setback caused by changes in the permission notes of Mihail's assets that I had formerly used. But I have just started working on it again, so hopefully it comes along fine :) Thanks for the interest! At this point, I mainly need to have a variety of different retextures done for common hagravens -- I'm done with 3D modeling for now.

Glad see your Hags aren't out of the fight yet! What assets had their permissions changed, if you don't mind me asking? Mihail is usually pretty open about asset use.

Well, it's all a bit unclear right now -- perhaps there will be no problems with most of the assets I've used. But an example is the Turkey asset, which he doesn't allow to be used unless implemented as is, as per my interpretation of his permission notes at least (which means I am unable to use it as part of my own customised hagraven models). That one is not so important to me anyway, though, so I'm fine in any case.

Currently working on hagraven textures with Breton/Forsworn tattoos/symbols. I also think some of your ideas (the deathbell one especially) are really cool, so if I find the time, I will try to work on a few more models, but there are other things that are more important to complete first, if I want to get the mod ready for publishing :)

Looking over his permissions, can't say I interpret them the same way. All the assets are open source, but if you're using a creature in it's entirety, he'd like if it didn't contradict the lore he sets up for it. In this case, for something as basic as a turkey, it just a farm animal that can be found all over. Unless your hagravens are summoning these strange flightless birds from another dimension that have never been seen in Tamriel, I believe you're in the clear. You can always send him a quick message to double check. I'm assuming they're just decos in a lair or trophies on a hag. Unless . . . you're making a TURKEY HAGRAVEN?!

You magnificent bastard :laugh: . Mmm, thinking about it, I think you're still in the clear. As long as "turkeys" remain a normal part of the Skyrim wild, your Hagturkey can be the result of alchemic, magic, or daedric rituals . . . or something real messed. What have your Hags been up to behind your back? :pinch:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Came across this while looking for Hagraven variants. Love it. Did anything ever come of this?

Real life unfortunately came in the way, so this project has been at a standstill for quite a while now. But it's actually pretty close to being publishable, as far as I remember, so I still hope to get it out. Perhaps during the summer :) Thanks for the interest and the reminder.