ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

War Lord

Skyviper086

The New Vegas story line is okay. However I'm requesting a mod that allows one to not be a mere errand boy/girl for different factions; but allows one to be a player in the deadliest game; Warfare. The goal is quite simple. One could help a faction such as the Legion, NCR, etc. or one could form their own faction and take towns over, research technology and sell it, defend towns, and recruit soldiers. This mod would effectively allow the player to change the Mojave how ever they want with the aid of their own army.

I've contacted an expert with such mods to see if this one is possible. J3X, the creator of the Enclave Commander mod had this to say about it. "Yes, it's very possible to create it. Buying units, technology (what weapons your soldiers have), keep track of what towns the player own & receive money from towns is just some extra numbers that needs to be put it somewhere."

He mentioned other problems such as balancing, and having NPCs react properly when a town is being captured. He then suggested the use of flags. When a player activates a flag in the town center they would cause enemies to spawn and assault the player. With his permission this is his advice on how to the mod could work. Unfortunately I don't have the necessary skills to make such a great mod.

Adding special dialogue to the conquered NPCs would probably work something like this (I'm not a dialogue expert); one would add one or several lines ("Thank for protecting us") as a generic greetings dialogue for every town in the game with the condition that:

1. The NPC is a member of that towns faction

and

2. that the player have captured that town.

One must also make sure that this dialogue is rightly prioritized so it won't prevent any quest dialogue.

The mod can be made using the G.E.C.K. and would probably not even require the script extender. One might need to either create some new models for the 'flag' or retexture some existing flag so Nifskope and some image editing program might also be needed. It's not really hard to create the base system, it only needs a lot of work for all the towns one should be able to capture. The rest is cream on the top and can be as complex as the creator desires.

If one would start to make the mod I would recommend starting with creating a way to track all the numbers (what towns the player control, his current tech-level (!?) & his founds). A quest script would work here, and some way of telling this info to the player (item in his inventory that pops up a message when used?).

Then I would create the flag which would be an activator with a script attached. Or maybe two flags, one for not captures and one for captured. The uncaptured flag's script would work something like this;

The player activates it (or in some other way tells that he is going to attack the town).

The flag switches to combat state and starts spawning waves of soldiers attacking the player. The soldiers would be spawned at some linked reference markers one can place in the gameworld.

The player must remain within a certain radius from the flag (and kill all attacking soldiers) until a timer runs out. If he fails then the flag resets and the player might need to wait some days until he attacks again.

If the player manages to hold his ground then the flag switches place with a captured town flag.

The captured town flag's script brings up a message that tells some info about the town and give the player the opportunity to recruit some soldiers if the player has assets for it. If one recruit then a NPC is spawned and some weapons is given to him.

The soldiers can be very simple beings (for now), having only follow me, wait here, return to base (their town) or dismiss as available options.

I would first and foremost like to thank J3x, the creator of so many great mods, for taking the time to give is advice. I would also like to thank whomever wishes to take on this project. And most importantly I wish to thank anyone who took the time to read this request.

Thank you.