What's with people hating on sharks??

zeata23

so today school some of the people in my classroom were talking about sharks, so of course people bring up Jaws.... and then they all start saying how sharks are evil and should be killed....

i know sharks are designed to kill.... but so are dogs.... why can't people pay attention to facts and not fiction?

so serious question: Why do people hate sharks so much when you are more likely to be killed by a fall from 3 feet than to be eaten by a shark... (or something like that, not entirely sure on statistics...) :geek: :huh:

Because most people are stupid, that's why. And when stupid people feel afraid, they go on a crusade to demonize the things they are afraid of (even if that fear is irrational or inappropriate...ex, hurrdurr, I hate sharks/lives in Iowa).

Now, if you're in the water where they live...well, that's another story. Fear might keep you alive. You'll probably be all right, all things statistically considered, but...it's good to recognize who's the big boy on campus. Even a little shark could do in a human if it wanted, and it's good to recognize that. Only recognition is hard without hurrdurrderping all the time.

Sharks are almost perfect creatures for what they're built for. Kinda like crocodiles. You can't help but admire them...and want to stay the hell out of their way!