Creation Kit: Problem with quest conversation

krechlich

I've got a little problem with the creation kit which relates to quests... So i've made a quest with the creation kit with the help of youtube tutorial videos and the creationkit.com tutorials and when i try to start the quest by speaking to the actor which i made, nothing happens. When i press E to start conversation, the actor just stands and won't start a conversation with me. Of course he says thinks like: "Need something?", "Yes?", "Hmmm...?", but the actual conversation won't start where i can pick a line what to say. And afterwards i've checked that i've done exactly the same things on the mod as if in the tutorials. One thing i had in mind which could be the problem was the sounds i've recorded, because i had read on the forums about the bugs what the recordings would cause and i made a new mod from scratch exactly the same way like before BUT i didn't record ANY sounds at all. And i know that if i dont record anything, the actor would say the line i wrote, but it would just instantly disappear after coming, because the time that the line should stay is zero. I'm not 100% sure, but i believe that that even if the actor wouldn't say a line I still should be able to choose what line i say e.g "What's wrong?" as in my mod.

So does anyone know what could be wrong? There are 3 choices what could be wrong:

1. The game/creation kit has a bug and needs reinstall

2. Recordings

3. I've made a mistake and forgotten to do something on the mod, like check a checkbox or something similar...

The link to download the mod is: http://skyrim.nexusm...le.php?id=14994

- The ID of the quest is TestQuest

- This mod doesn't contain ANY recordings i've made

- The place where the actor "TestActor" is, is on the "POIPineForest20" in world space Tamriel. Just double-click the actor "TestActor" from the cell view to get to him.

I would be so happy if someone would figure this out :)

• 3 months later...

Finally, someone with the same problem as me. I've tried recording at different lengths, I've tried turning forced subtitles on or off, I've tried setting priority to different numbers, and still nothing. Someone please help, this is my first time modding anything and I'd like it to work before I upload it somewhere.

EDIT: Just realized this topic is months outdated.

Edited by NateNexus