Save Files Keep Increasing in Size

relluickuo

I used showracemenu a lot before the save files started to bloat up, so I don't think that's it.

Check out this new mod on nexus, http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15054. It lists everything in a save file.

My latest save file's papyrus section is 115 mb... so I think it has something to do with bad scripts. I found several spots that have huge amount of repeats but I couldn't find a single source responsible for the increase.

I tried posting the papyrus section under a spoiler tag but it's too big... LOL

Edit:

I compared the bloated save files to the none bloated ones and the number of script variables are the about same with almost the same amount lines in the papyrus section but the size difference was 110mb.... No idea how to find out what's causing the bloating.

As a last resort I went back to the save file that was 10 mb just before it started to bloat up. I used set timescale to 60000 for about a month in game and the save file stayed at 11 mb. Hopefully it won't start to bloat up again or else I lost 30+ game play hrs for nothing.

Edit2:

Oh yea, the freezing every few mins went away and it took less than a second to save. So it's definitely the bloated save files that was causing the few seconds of freezing every few mins.

Edited by relluickuo

• 1 year later...

Hey. Sorry to reply to this and opening it up again... but how did you remove the 10mb save limit. Whenever i go over 10mb it crashes every time i load. I've been trying to find a solution to no avail. Can you guys help me?

• 8 months later...