Interior settlement/Player Home build problem.

Hey everyone,

I am trying to turn the Musuem of Freedom into a settlement/player home. I've done everything right as far as setting up a settlement, but I run into a couple problems.

The first (and true problem) is that when I go into build mode, everything I could build is invisible. Not the icons...the buildable floors, walls, etc. It has to be something in the settings for the location. I've tried both workbenches (regular and interior)...same problem. There is something about that cell. I can place floors, walk on them, etc...just can't see them.

If I could figure that out, I'd be happy.

The second issue (much more minor), is turning it into an actual settlement. What I mean by that is tying an exterior map marker to an interior space. When you are in the museum, and in build mode...happiness is at 50 (so the quests are working properly), but when I go outside, the map marker doesn't show settlement stats, it doesn't show up in my list of settlements on my pip-boy, etc. I know that my map marker is linked properly because I changed it to spawn me inside the museum instead of at the steps outside. Am I missing something, or is this reason they won't allow you to send companions to Home Plate? Again, this is truly not a big issue as I am really just wanting to fix up the museum, but I know that if I put this mod public, I'd have players who want the full settlement aspect, so I'm trying to head it off at the pass.

Thoughts, advise?

Thanks in advance.

Draco

the invisible thing have to do with broken precombined/visibility

as for the map marker not showing, you have to name the marker like (myplacemapmarker, then set the encounter zone, or was it location (forgot)

when linking your location to the mapmarker there is a option the say share or show interior(forgot the right name to)

Regarding the map marker data, make sure you have a set owned trigger box around the workbench with a link to the bench. Also manually set the map marker in the initialize quest as in Neeher's youtube vid on the topic, using the generic quests has given me way too many problems.

the invisible thing have to do with broken precombined/visibility

as for the map marker not showing, you have to name the marker like (myplacemapmarker, then set the encounter zone, or was it location (forgot)

when linking your location to the mapmarker there is a option the say share or show interior(forgot the right name to)

Rebuilt from the ground up...and generated visibility...still invisible. Any other thoughts?

.Checked the box for the interior cell on the map marker...still no stats. (not too worried about this one)

About invisible objects - this problem also arose with Elianora's SWITCHBOARD. It seems it was decided, but I did not check it.

By the way, what instructions did you follow when creating the mod?

Interesting, so it might be in the .ini files...or one of my scrapping mods. will definitely be doing some more testing.

As for instructions. I've been putting together and refining instructions for a while now. the last update to my instructions was from jackapoint (I was working on my Edenvale settlement just outside Nuka World).

This would probably be working fine as an exterior settlement, but because it's an interior cell I'm having these issues.

Like I said in my original post, driving settlers there is not my primary intent. I run a YT channel focused primarily on building in Fallout 4, and being able to just build in the Museum is enough for me.

Progress made...

I made a precombine for the cell, as well as generating visibility...and with my mod test character...it worked. I could see the objects I was trying to place.

So I moved to my main build character...and ran into an issue. Because most everything in the museum is not from a settlement, my normal scrapping mod (STS) wouldn't scrap most anything...so I turned on STC (Scrap that Commonwealth), and invisible objects again...I tried moving my mod to the bottom, just above, at the top of the load order...didn't matter where I put it, if STC was on, invisible objects. Turn it off, all the debris comes back, but I can see what I'm placing.

Here's a goofy thing. When I place say floors in "invisible mode", when I turn off STC, they show up fine. Turn it back on, they still show up fine. So it's only the textures of new objects being placed.

Keep in mind, I play on XB1, so the process is tedious...and with all the precombines, even cleaned up in xEdit, the file size is nearly 19mb.

Quick question, how do I remake previs/precombineds to exclude items I want to make scrappable?